Best Product for Your WaterLine?

mzmehshell

I used to use liquid eyeliner, but it always took a long time to dry so I switched to Mark's eyemarker liner (from the company of Avon) because my Aunt works for them and gives make up out as present. It works ok, sometimes it smears. But now I am running out of it and was wondering whats good for the waterline other than fluidlines because somedays I don't have time to put them on a brush I just like having something easy and ready to go. Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be MAC it could be anything really as long as it works.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014
have u tried MAC Powerpoints???

That's what I use and I have no problems with the line disappearing. It helps to dry the waterline with a clean cotton bud or the edge of a clean tissue before you apply the product.

I use Bourjois Khol & Contour in black (01 Noir Expert) and it stays on well.
th_wink3.gif

mzmehshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
That's what I use and I have no problems with the line disappearing. It helps to dry the waterline with a clean cotton bud or the edge of a clean tissue before you apply the product.

Thanks for the suggestions. I shall look into powerpoints.

jess98765

Dumb question but whats your waterline?? is it the inner bit between your lashes and your eye??- That kinda red bit??

caffn8me

The waterline is the moist surface at the edge of the eyelids between the roots of the eyelashes and the eye itself. When you close your eyes the upper waterline and lower waterline meet together and seal. It is labelled as "F" in this diagram;

xiahe

MAC fluidline - but you also need a brush to apply this with (i personally ♥ the 266, but i also recommend the 263, 208, and/or 209). Fluidline stays put for HOURS. the only bad thing is that it's hard to remove.

mzmehshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
MAC fluidline - but you also need a brush to apply this with (i personally ♥ the 266, but i also recommend the 263, 208, and/or 209). Fluidline stays put for HOURS. the only bad thing is that it's hard to remove.

Ya I have yet to try fluidline but I have Bobbi Brown's gel liner, just like fluidlines and it works great! BUT when I am in a hurry I don't like opening the pot, taking out a brush, then putting it on. I want something quick and handy when I am in a rush to go.

kimmy

best mac product for the waterline?

i'm looking for something new to use on the waterline. right now i'm using shadow over eyeliner, so try and get it to stay on all day and not look all messy by the end of the day. i'm thinking of investing in a mac product (i know they say don't use anything on the waterline but fuck that, it's my thing so yeah...) should i get an eye kohl, powerpoint pencil, eye pencil or fluidline? i'm looking for something that has some serious staying power and that won't smudgetoo much from closing my eyes.

ette

blacktrack fluidline. you mean upper waterline, right? i always use that, its perfect.

baby_love

smolder e/k w/ carbon over it lasts a pretty long time, but smolder alone smears like crazy on me. fluidlines stay on longer but I hate having to cary around the brush and glass fluidline when I'm going out and know I'll have to touch it up a bit.

ClaireAvril

Re: best mac product for the waterline?

I've been told smolder w/ carbon.. but I like Makeup forever aqua eyes

CosmePro

Great question!!

I asked my MA the same thing and they suggested the kohl's. They said they were soft enough and had the staying power the waterline needs.

Let me know how it works for you.

Jennifer

Kiss and Makeup

My favorite is the blacktrack fluidline. Everything else on me smears off in an hour! I know it's not waterline safe, but I love it
greengrin.gif

I also really like MUFE Aqua eyes.