Best RED lipstick for me?

dxgirly

I need help. I've always been afraid of a red lip. I remember the only time I really tried one when I was a teenager, it made me look like Bozo-The-Clown.

I really love the pale skin, red lip look though. So I want to take that plunge.

My problem now, my hair is quite neon pink, and I'm not sure which shade to choose, if any at all!!

Here's me:

What shade do you think would work best for me? I'm open to any brand.

Thanks!

8ballthecat

Wearing red lipstick takes a look to a whole nother level, at least in my opinion. You need to be confident and comfortable, if you haven't seen yourself in red in a long time I'd suggest going to a makeup counter (MAC or any other) with a trusted friend and try on a bunch of them. You and I have very different skin tones, but I've been told that Viva Glam I (from mac) is a universal red. I'd also try Russian Red, its a blue toned red, it may be too intimidating for newbies, but it (and any other lipstick for that matter) can be made more wearable if you rub it in with your finger. Good luck with the hunt!

Meisje

Go to MAC and get them to help. I would definitely try Russian Red --- it seems to be nearly universally flattering.

I like pink and red together a whole lot, by the way.

Latest posts