Best Setting Spray?

tique41

I've been having problems lately with my foundation being too cakey. I usually apply the Lumi foundation with a beauty blender then do a contour and highlight. I've been noticing that near my nose and mouth is where it really likes to cake up. I've heard that a setting spray could fix this problem. Is there a good, cheap spray? Or even an alternative to help this problem? Thanks!

shellygrrl

Staff member
(I've moved this to Recommendations.) Is it possible you've applied too much foundation or setting powder to those areas? That can cause cakiness. Foundation-wise, try applying a thin layer with your fingers, let it sit for a little while, and then apply another layer if you think you need more. Then let that sit for a little while and set it with a thin layer of powder. I can tell you a proper setting spray will not make the cakiness go away. It will seal it in.

tique41

(I've moved this to Recommendations.) Is it possible you've applied too much foundation or setting powder to those areas? That can cause cakiness. Foundation-wise, try applying a thin layer with your fingers, let it sit for a little while, and then apply another layer if you think you need more. Then let that sit for a little while and set it with a thin layer of powder. I can tell you a proper setting spray will not make the cakiness go away. It will seal it in.
Thanks for info! Will have to try thinner layers.

Maris Crane

If for getting rid of the dry look, Avene Thermal Water. I've tried a few (right now I'm trying to finish up a generic from Super U in Mauritius, and Evian, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, LRP, Fix+) and I keep coming back to the Avene.

To actually make my face last if I'm going out after work or to a wedding or something, I use the VS one.

Vicieux Rose

You can also try to exfoliate gently before putting on makeup. It helps to have a smooth canvas when applying makeup.

glittergoddess27

I have the same issue. I prime with a silicon base primer first which helps smooth the area. I like: L'Oreal Miracle Blur Moisturizer, MAC P&P Skin primer, or Monistat Anti-Chafing Cream. :)