best SILICONE-FREE, long-lasting primer for combo skin

mariserinb

i am deathly afraid of a primer clogging my pores and breaking me out, so i am looking for a primer that will keep my makeup on ALL DAY that is silicone-free and hopefully with an SPF. i have combo skin. i prefer a natural primer, but other ones are fine, too. suggestions?

bis

Korres apparently makes a nice primer w/o silicone, but I never tested it myself.

mariserinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
BEST EVER!!

No oil, no silicone either. It is pricey, but well worth it.

Hourglass Viel Mineral Primer.

Sephora: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15: Primer

My make-up stays on with his all day with MUFE HD powder.

hmm...i hadn't looked into this one before....the reviews on sephora are pretty damn good. is your skin oily or combo? or sensitive at all?

LittleMaryJane

Ooh, I'm happy and sad to see this thread. I've been looking for a good non-silicone primer too but after two To the Beach hauls, I'm broke
ssad.gif
But the reviews for the Hourglass Viel primer ARE really good on Sephora.. I'm going to have to remember this one.

Strawberrymold

The Hourglass primer is amazing... personally I didn't feel it was so amazing that it was worth the money, I wouldn't rebuy it. I do have the Korres one though and I do quite like it.

LittleMaryJane

How does the Hourglass primer feel going on in comparison to silicone primers? B/c I hate the texture and feel of that stuff on me!

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
How does the Hourglass primer feel going on in comparison to silicone primers? B/c I hate the texture and feel of that stuff on me!

Nothing is on. I am serious. All other primers I feel super greasy and slick while Hourglass feels like nothing at all except a little more moisture has been locked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariserinb
hmm...i hadn't looked into this one before....the reviews on sephora are pretty damn good. is your skin oily or combo? or sensitive at all?

Combination, super dry on cheeks and overly oily (nothing really mattes me down) t-zone. Ever since I moved to LA (almost a year) my skin is very sensitive from irritation to break outs with some make-up.

I use this primer when I am under hot lights for photoshoots or outdoor in the sun as a video host.

mariserinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
Nothing is on. I am serious. All other primers I feel super greasy and slick while Hourglass feels like nothing at all except a little more moisture has been locked in.

Combination, super dry on cheeks and overly oily (nothing really mattes me down) t-zone. Ever since I moved to LA (almost a year) my skin is very sensitive from irritation to break outs with some make-up.

I use this primer when I am under hot lights for photoshoots or outdoor in the sun as a video host.

okay, you convinced me. i just bought it. it was a little painful for my bank account, but i'm really excited. especially cuz it has spf 15.

kdd2411

Has anyone tried the new Tarte silicone free primer? It looks like it will work great. I have tried the Korres one, but unfortunately it did nothing and was more like a lotion.

Latest posts