Best subtle blush for pale skin+dark hair

_Ondine_

Can you recommend me a good blush to use? I'm NC20 with medium-dark hair. My complexion is classically 'english rose' I suppose and most blushes I've tried have made me look ruddy cheeked, even with a light hand - I don't want to look like I've just come in from a day working the fields! I just want something subtle with a little gold sheen (not glitter though).
Any MAC recommendations?

Thanks a mill

User93

Im pretty pale and I have very dark hair, my all-time favorite is strada, also try well-dressed

_Ondine_

thanks Alibi - I actually have Strada for a contour colour, and it seems pretty matte. I'll go investigate Well-dressed though.

PomPoko

For a little gold sheen, try either Warm Soul Mineralize Blush, or Trace Gold...think thats a sheertone.

I'm very pale, with dark hair too, and these are my two most recent favourites. Think warm soul is a bit more peachy gold, perhaps?

Heiaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by PomPoko
For a little gold sheen, try either Warm Soul Mineralize Blush, or Trace Gold...think thats a sheertone.

I'm very pale, with dark hair too, and these are my two most recent favourites. Think warm soul is a bit more peachy gold, perhaps?

I'm pale but currently have blonde hair and these too are my fav blushers too
smiles.gif

dreamer246

Oh yes, Springsheen is lovely (and it has gold glitter/sheen in it)! <3

Blushbaby should be great too, if you wanna neutralize reddish cheeks.

Stark Naked BPB (LE) is a mauve blush with a nice gold sheen to it as well.

The recs given above are all pretty good too.
yes.gif

Tinnsla

I too am NC20 with dark hair, and I really love Dainty Mineralize Blush for that subtle pink glow. You can build the color if you want more intensity or keep it low key...

gigiopolis

Springsheen! It's peachy pink (more on the pink side) with golden shimmer. Won't make you look ruddy (I should know, I have weird redness on my cheeks).

Actually any blush that tends to the peachy side will look great.

JediFarfy

I live for Peaches. Fleur Power is also nice, but, and this is probably just me, it goes on strong. So be gentle. I would avoid plum colors for the most part. I'm < NW15 with some ruddiness, and on those extra-red days, they makes me look splotchy. Not a good thing.
ssad.gif

JF

hhunt2

I like Dainty (mineralize blush) & Blushbaby.

But from Ulta... Sunkissed. Its cheap (especially when they have the buy 1 get 1 free). That color is my "Hurry, I'm late for work blush" (well, that and blushbaby).

shadowaddict

As I said above I love Pink Swoon for my pink days. But now I'm looking for a peachy one and considering buying Hello Kitty BPB in Fun & Games but I also hear and see Pinch O' Peach recommended a lot. I'm a little lighter than NC15. Which would you guys reecommend?

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
As I said above I love Pink Swoon for my pink days. But now I'm looking for a peachy one and considering buying Hello Kitty BPB in Fun & Games but I also hear and see Pinch O' Peach recommended a lot. I'm a little lighter than NC15. Which would you guys reecommend?

How peachy do you want the blush to be?

A true peach will be Peaches blush, which is supposedly similar to Fun & Games.

Springsheen and Peachykeen are both gorgeous shimmery fusion peach blushes, the former is a pink-peach while the latter is more of a pink/red-peach. Springsheen is the lighter one.

Pinch O' Peach is more pink than peach; the color is pale though, if that's what you like.

I've heard Melba is a nice peachy blush too, but I haven't swatched that too much in the stores so no comment on it.

HTH.