Best way to apply MUFE HD?

indybrat

I just got my samples of MUFE HD. I tried it out this morning using the same routine I use for Studio Sculpt - shower, moisturise, breakfast, Prep & Prime, dot some foundation on the different areas of my face and blend with 168 brush.

However, I found it a bit difficult to blend the MUFE, it didn't seem to move as freely, a little like it was already drying and therefore didn't want to go anywhere.

What have people found is the best way to apply MUFE HD? Should I just dab on and blend one part of my face at a time? Use a different brush or other means? Use a slightly dampened brush?

I also noticed that once I had it on I noticed some flaky bits on my face which I can't see when I don't have it on. Not sure if this is a bit of dryness in my skin or the foundation due to my problems blending.

Thoughts or suggestions gratefully accepted. I love the shade that matches my skin, it's perfect so I really, really want to be able to make the foundation work.

sambibabe

^^ Maybe the foundation sample was dried up a bit? My dried up HD foundation was hard to move, but I had no problem blending the full size HD foundation before.

indybrat

I did wonder if it had dried out a little. It looks smooth and liquidy but it was a hot day when it was delivered and sat in my mail box for a couple of hours.

Plus I did use the product on the lid, so tomorrow I'll try again using the product in the actual jar.

kittykit

I use MAC #187 or #188 brush to apply HD foundation. MUFE HD foundation is the best foundation I've ever used.

indybrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin26
Where did you get the samples from? I'm thinking I'd like to try this foundation next

www.mediamakeup.com.au

If you call them you can pick up to 4 samples. They charge $10 for postage and handling, but the service was really quick. I called mid morning on a Thursday and they were in my mailbox on the Monday after.

My samples were - 2 shades of the foundation 110 and 115 as I wasn't sure which would be best for me, the green HD primer and HD powder.

tangledrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybrat
www.mediamakeup.com.au

If you call them you can pick up to 4 samples. They charge $10 for postage and handling, but the service was really quick. I called mid morning on a Thursday and they were in my mailbox on the Monday after.

My samples were - 2 shades of the foundation 110 and 115 as I wasn't sure which would be best for me, the green HD primer and HD powder.

The ladies there are really nice and helpful too. I had trouble deciding what colours I wanted to sample, and they were great with recommending what colurs might suit a pale olive toned girl with yellow undertones. The one that ended up matching me was 118 btw.

makeba

I use my Sonia kashuk blending sponge when i wear my MUFE HD foundation. For me the damp sponge works best when applying this foundation because it helps the foundation glide on the skin smoothly. I got my Sonia Kashuk spong at Target for 10 bucks. If you dont have this kind of sponge but have a makeup sponge of sorts dampen it and then use your foundation and I believe you will be pleased.

Blushbaby

I'm gonna try my Beautyblender with this tomorrow. I've had it since Feb and still haven't used it yet!