best way to go about shopping at MAC

toxicglitter

ok so heres the problem i have.
i've shopped at mac plenty of times before and always come out with a few things here and there, and i know you have to tell them what you want so they can get it and put it up front until you're ready to ring out...but......

what do you do or whats the best way to go about telling the ma when you have a decent list of things (not a TON...but maybe say like 5 e/s and a few l/s for example) you want to buy.
i ask because i dont want to sound like a rude person and say "i need this and i need this and i need this and i need this and...." (well you get the picture). because i would feel bad for the ma to go running around the store grabbing products from here and there and everywhere and keep asking me if thats it and then i tell her i need another thing and .....i dont know.....am i thinking way too much into this?
th_dunno.gif

how do you guys do it?

ThePostcardOrg

When my sister and me went to the pro store in London we both brought a list of the products we wanted, we initially did not plan on giving the lists to the MA. But she was thrilled when she saw them, and told us to just brows and look around the store while she found our things. So she really appreciated that we knew what we wanted and had planned ahead. Of course, all MAs differ, so some might hate the idea, while some might love it. We got really lucky and got a real sweatheart who just loved to help out
smiles.gif

hello_kitty

I write up a list and hand it to them. The MUAs at MAC that I have dealt with seem to prefer this, because then they don't have to try to remember what I said, or come back to me and ask "what next?"

I either do this in advance, or while at the store. Sometimes I want to swatch stuff, so I'll browse and swatch, and write up my list and then give it to them.

Never have had any complaints, but they were always very large sales so I don't know why they'd complain, heh.

Makeup Emporium

I bring them a list as well! The first time I started reading from the list and she said just give me the list and I'll get it all for you! So yes I think they do prefer the list!! Then they can get the products in the order that is easiest for them as well.

AmberElizabeth

I keep a little notepad and pen in my purse. If I know I'm going to buy more than 3 or 4 things, I'll write it down as I shop and give it to the MA when I'm ready to check out. That way they know what you want and can just grab everything for you quickly. The MAs at my MAC have thanked me numerous times for doing that because it makes it super easy for them to get my products!

January

I usually always know what I want so I just go in and ask for the things. Politely of course! I'm usually looking on my BlackBerry notes (I keep a list on there haha) if I'm drawing a blank or if they are sold out of what I want.

cmonster

i never go into a mac store without checking out the stuff i want online first. This way when i go there I have a solid list of stuff i want to get and won't look at the other stuff...honestly its dangerous to just go in and point you always manage to get more than you originally plan XD. I either write it on a post-it note or on my itouch.

Care

if I know the products that I want and it's more than like 3, I'll write a list down and just hand it to the MA, they're usually very happy about that lmao

toxicglitter

thanks guys. yea i was thinking about bringing in a list but i wasnt sure if that was a pain for the ma's. i wouldnt see why not?! lol.
i dont know why but all i could picture in my head was me walking in with a list and handing it to a ma like "here" and her being like "wow, wtf, ok, sure." while rolling her eyes. I DONT KNOW WHY I THINK THAT!! because she would get a good sale. LMAO. maybe i just worry too much.
it sure would help because usually when i go to mac i get shy....(which im really not! lol.)

dxgirly

This was a good question. Now I know that I should bring a list when I want a lot of things. Definitely going to do it with the Give Me Liberty Of London collection.
thmbup.gif

Brittany88

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonster
i never go into a mac store without checking out the stuff i want online first. This way when i go there I have a solid list of stuff i want to get and won't look at the other stuff...honestly its dangerous to just go in and point you always manage to get more than you originally plan XD. I either write it on a post-it note or on my itouch.

I agree! I always make myself a list of things so that I don't get there and go crazy! Being the dork I am, in my list on my phone, I also write an alternate list in case they are out anything I plan to purchase on that particular visit.
smiles.gif

ms.marymac

If you walk into a MAC counter or store with the list already in your hand, I guarantee you that you will have MAs running up to you. Like flies to honey.
winkiss.gif

enigmatic

I just write out a list. That way I don't forget anything and the MA won't have to keep running back and forth. Easier for both of us.