better black: black tied or carbon?

caramel_geek

carbon
smiles.gif
hands down...the best black ever

SassyMochaJess

Both!! they both do different things. i like black tied better but cabon is just as useful cuz sometimes you don't want no sparkles....

luvmkup

Black tied. I used it today as a liner for my upper lids. I also often use it as an outer V color. Perfect color!

lara

swatch-blackvarious.jpg

Black Tied (velvet)
Carbon (matte)
Blackground (Paint Pot)
Blacktrack (Fluidline)

es-blacktied.jpg

Black Tied (velvet)

es-carbon.jpg

Carbon (matte)

fluidline-blacktrack.jpg

Blacktrack (Fluidline)

pp-blackground.jpg

Blackground (Paint Pot)

Hopefully this aids in the ongoing debate about which black looks like what.
smiles.gif

SarahAfshar

Black tied is very universal because it has some shimmer and reflects to it, making it not very dull, whereas; Carbon is a matte black that is dull, but collaborates well with an array of shimmers and satin finishes. I think they are both equally as good, it just depends on what you want to do with them.

LMD84

i love balck tied and find it easier to blend than carbon. plus i love sparkles which is also why i reach for this one more.

I honestly dont like black tied one bit...I love carbon and black track and now my fav love is pointblack liquidlast liners. its awesome....Black tied because of the glitter it has doesnt mix well when blending with other colors...sometimes it makes one color look green or goldish. And since im a MATTE kind of girl i would have to say CARBON.

April47

I don't own Carbon but I do own Black Tied. I just wanted to point out that when I wet BT it does not ruin the e/s by making it hard. Carbon however looks like it's a matte e/s and I've had other matte's harden by wetting them.

Also, I don't even notice the sparkles is BT which makes it perfect for eyeliner...

Zoffe

If you want a true black e/s then it's Carbon.
It's more versatile than Black Tied since it's just completely matte and black.
They're both worth having but I use Carbon a lot more than I use Black Tied!
winks.gif