Bids on blatantly fake eyeshadows!

i_luv_mac

I can't believe it there are 16 bids on these obviously fake 9 MAC eyeshadows:

MAC JOB LOT OF EYESHADOWS BNIB! BARGAIN! on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 20-Aug-08 13:55:37 BST)

I've reported it but honestly how silly can people be.

thmbdn.gif

NatalieMT

To be honest though if you're not clued up on MAC and you don't really know much about what is fake and what is not. You'd probably believe it was all real and that some of the items were exciting and new things you hadn't seen before or in store. You wouldn't know any better than to bid. I bet a lot of people buy fake items off ebay and never know their mistake, which is a shame.

i_luv_mac

Yeah thats the problem. Well the auction has ended and I have reported it already. I hope the winner doesn't end up out of pocket and that ebay take action soon!

greeneyes81

I love the fact that the listing even says "these are different from MAC pots sold in the UK", which would probably lead anyone who didn't know what real MAC should look like to believe that these are some special pots only sold in Bulgaria.

sofabean

HA! What an idiotic seller... why did they even post up that second pic with the two flip tops? it's total suicide lol (thinking from a seller's point of view here...) at least maybe people will get the CLUE that it's FAKE!

coachkitten

I always want to e-mail the people bidding to say that what they are bidding on are fake. It totally sucks that people can sell that fake crap.

greeneyes81

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I always want to e-mail the people bidding to say that what they are bidding on are fake. It totally sucks that people can sell that fake crap.

i want to do the same thing!! or email the seller and tell them i'm going to report them for selling fake items. If only authorities would take counterfeit makeup as seriously as counterfeit Louis Vuitton bags...............

Brittni

Has it ever occured to you guys that someones people know it's fake and still bid on it? Like on iOffer they have fake pigments, but I'd buy them because you're only paying 6.00 for a full jar of a pigment that you know is safe and dupeable color. I haven't but I've been thinking about it.

ITA that it's wrong for eBay to let people blatantly sell fakes and say they are real, though!

greeneyes81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Has it ever occured to you guys that someones people know it's fake and still bid on it? Like on iOffer they have fake pigments, but I'd buy them because you're only paying 6.00 for a full jar of a pigment that you know is safe and dupeable color. I haven't but I've been thinking about it.

the problem with the fake pigments is that you don't know what's in them. I wouldn't put anything on my face that i wasn't 100% percent sure what was in it. IOffer also can't guarantee what is in the pigments -- regardless of what the seller tells you is in them, there is no way to know if that is true. I just think it's dangerous
ssad.gif

rockandregret

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes81
the problem with the fake pigments is that you don't know what's in them. I wouldn't put anything on my face that i wasn't 100% percent sure what was in it. IOffer also can't guarantee what is in the pigments -- regardless of what the seller tells you is in them, there is no way to know if that is true. I just think it's dangerous
ssad.gif

Amen. I'd rather buy samples from a reputable seller here or on LJ or whatever. There's no guarantee, especially with ioffer. With ebay/paypal, you could try to fight it if you got a fake or whatnot, but with ioffer...idk, i wouldn't risk it.

redambition

Brittni, I'd have to agree with greeneyes81 on this. Those who make counterfeits may be unconcerned with the actual quality of their products. You don't know exactly what they are putting on your face.