"Big-Eye" Contacts / Circle Lenses

pmjc69

^looks great on you!!!
smiles.gif

paintbunny7

Hello, I am a Caucasian girl with green eyes and I love the big eye look, I posted some picks for you all. I naturally have pretty large eyes and dark rings around my iris but circle lens really bring them out. These lens are Colourvue Big Eyes, natural ring, with my perscript -2.00. I love them. I have more natural ring contacts, not sure who makes them but they are called Big Eye 2, I get thoses from lensalot.com I believe and then I get the Bigger cutier ones from contactsbay.com, they are pretty cheap and get to my house in the middle of the US in about 2-3 weeks.

juicygirl

A patient came in the other week with acuvue defines on and it sparked my interest. i bought some acuvue define in accent black with my prescription (-2.00, -3.00) and can't wait to get them. The reason I chose Acuvue Define is because Acuvue is a reputable brand (I flip flop between Acuvue Oasys and Acuvue Moist right now) and since they're one days, I can toss them. Does anyone currently wear these??

BitBitBabiGirl

I have apair of these in black. They are Geo Lens. I really like them, and most of all the black doesnt look freakish on me. I guess because my eyes are soo dark already. I like the effect the black circle lens give you.

Cool for temporary, not viable for permanent. Imagine wearing contact lens for your whole life, your eyes will be suffocated.

swaly

My friend's cousin in China wears these, and I have to say they're very unsettling to look at. I always felt vaguely disturbed by her without realizing why, until I was told much later that she wears these circle lenses. Her eyes just looked vacant and alien-like and completely unreal. Some of the colored ones in this thread look beautiful, but the very dark brown/black ones are just too far into the realm of anime/alien and just utterly freak me out.

*lolly

Don't you need to see an optometrist before you use any sort of contact lenses??

I really want to get a pair but I'm concerned about all the stuff that goes with looking after contact lenses - cleaning/disinfecting/storing etc... I have no idea
th_dunno.gif

Tashona Helena

^ like I said before I went to the optometrist and they were a bitch to me I would've been better off going to some place in the mall.

I've had my Geo Tricolor Lenses for a few months now. I've just followed simple care instructions like using Disinfecting Solution, Protein Removers, cleaning the case etc. My eyes are fine. I don't wear them a lot, I used to wear them like 5/7 days, lately I haven't been wearing them a lot but they're still in good condition. I think they will really last for a year like the website says, but I'm probably gonna buy a new pair eventually.

*lolly

^ So true. I went to make an appointment after I posted and they were reluctant to even give me a fitting, they were just like well you have to get tested for glasses first and then you can talk to the optometrist about contacts.

I've done some research on how to care for them so I might just bite the bullet and order a pair and see how I go
smiles.gif

*lolly

I bought prescription cirlce lenses and I can see far away perfectly (I'm short sighted) but anything close up like reading/looking at the computer screen is all blurry! I've tried a hundreds of times to give them another rinse and rub but they're still blurry! Does anyone else have this happen to them???

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylove57
Cool for temporary, not viable for permanent. Imagine wearing contact lens for your whole life, your eyes will be suffocated.

Umm.. that's what all the people who wear regular contacts do, wear them every day that is, and they seem to be fine.

As for these circle lenses, I think a lot of the girls in the pictures look really dazed and out of it because of the lenses. But in general I think it's really cool that these types of products are developed so one can play with looks in different ways than just applying makeup.

Psychosymatic

I actually use these! I just ordered a new pair and they'll be here soon I hope. They look amazing. When I had them in everyone complemented the color and size. I think people want their eyes to look larger because large eyes signify innocence and you can communicate with larger eyes better. In my avatar I'm wearing them but it's hard to tell how truly large they are. The color is magnificent too. I got them from japanesecandy.net They were about 40 dollars. That's cheaper than my contacts from my eye doctor!
th_DANCE.gif

Psychosymatic

Oh and I noticed where someone said something about they look like blown up pupils from drugs... Well my cousin saw them and thought I WAS doing drugs and had my mom give me a drug test. I don't do drugs thank god so I passed!
th_DANCE.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychosymatic
Oh and I noticed where someone said something about they look like blown up pupils from drugs... Well my cousin saw them and thought I WAS doing drugs and had my mom give me a drug test. I don't do drugs thank god so I passed!
th_DANCE.gif

So as a whole this was a positive, happy dance worthy experience for you?
shockt.gif

dxgirly

I only still wear one pair of mine occasionally. They're fairly natural I think (except for the color. haha)

t6s5e9.jpg

They're about to expire soon and I'll most likely be re-buying them

dxgirly

I got them from here!

Adult Violet - Violet Color

I've had good experiences with that website 3 times now. They take about 2 weeks to get to you in the US.

I also tried just about every purple lens from that site, and these were my favorite. They are the lightest and most natural looking imo. A lot of people to don't like them as far as circle lenses go because they're not very enlarging, but I got them solely for the color, not the size enhancement.
yes.gif

Latest posts