*big Weekend Wedding, Need Help!

lotus

i'm looking for some advice here as i've read through some threads with great advice for other women. i'm hoping that i can get some great advice for myself as there are a lot of talented women here that knows tons of info on makeup. i'm not makeup challenged, but i'm not a pro. my everyday look consist of me just wearing some tinted moisturizer, blush and mascara. i also color in my brows in the morning if i have time as they're pretty sparse. my skin's pretty smooth (no bumps or pimples, etc) and i'm on the light side with some yellow undertones (so i'm told). the main issue for me are my eyes! i'm korean and like many other asian women, i lack a crease, so it's hard for me to create different eye looks (especially smokey eyes) without looking like a raccoon or a clown. when i have the time to apply eyeshadows, i usually just apply a wash all over the lid and some eyeliner.

i guess i should be getting to the point! in 2 weeks, i'm going to be attending a weekend long wedding. it's a big event and there's a lot planned, most of the time is going to be attending brunches, dinners and parties. the family's pretty well known, so they're going to throw an extravagant event. since i'm also assisting in a few things, i don't have a lot time to spend on applying my makeup. since my eyes are real thin, i know that false eyelashes will help expand them up a bit, so i have bought a selection of false eyelash strips and individual ones as well. i'm pretty good at applying these, so i'm good there. i'm looking for help in choosing which colors to buy and how to apply them, so please, HELP ME!

on friday, there's going to be an intimate dinner with close friends and family. i'm going to be wearing an elegant dark navy blue dress with diamond earrings and bracelet, no necklace. i would like to create a look that focuses on the eyes. i was thinking, maybe a classic brown smokey eye look, but since i have almond shaped eyes without a crease, it's hard trying to apply more than 1 color without looking weird. i do have all day to get ready for this dinner, so i'm not in a rush to apply my makeup. so for this, please pull out all the tips and techniques for me! please recommend what brand and colors i should get and some application techniques.

on saturday, there's an outdoor garden brunch with everyone that's invited. i have about an hour to get ready for this, but i have to do my hair & makeup and makeup for a friend of mine. for this, i have a cute satin/silk, ivory/cream dress and some simple pearl jewelry. i'm looking for a simple classic look that's easy. after the brunch, there's a rehearsal for the wedding and another dinner. this dinner is going to be huge! i have a choice between 2 dresses, i haven't made my mind yet. i have a choice between a light matte gold dress with some crystal accents (think of the dress jessica alba wore to the oscars) and then there's a deep purple dress also accented with crystals on the sleeves. i do have time to get ready for this dinner, so i'm able to focus on how to apply the makeup. again, i'm looking to create a look that will focus on the eyes. please suggest which brand & colors i should buy and how to apply them.

finally, there's the wedding on sunday! since i'm one of the bridesmaid, i'm going to have my makeup done by the makeup artist, so i'm good there.

please please, i'm really counting on you ladies! i'm hoping to take what i learn from here and use it for my everyday life, i would also like to be able to use the products everyday (or whenever) rather than just using it for this wedding. i'm hoping to get some great advice and some suggestions as to what products to purchase. thanks so much!

sassygirl224

hey hon, you should try looking in the Tutorial section of this site. There are a lot of tutorials posted by asian women! Maybe you should take a look and see if there is anything there that might interest you! They provide tips on how to make your eyes appear larger and such, good luck!

Latest posts