Bio Oil......anyone tried it?

HOTasFCUK

Hey everyone i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or if its already been posted but i was wondering if anyone hear has heard of or tried Bio Oil? I could be spelling it wrong LOL but i'm seeing commericals on T.V. here in Canada like crazy and it says its #1 in the UK. Its on sale this week at Shopper's Drug Mart for $9.99 and last week i was there they had them at the front of the cashier! I first checked the shelves and there was only a big sign that said "YES we have Bio-Oil!". Its supposed to be good for stretch marks, scars, etc.

So has anyone tried it? What do you think? I'm thinking of picking one up but i'd love to hear from you lovely ladies first!

Thanks!!!

Amymo

I think it worked well on my stretchies, but they were already more faded, i.e. not as red and angry as a few months ago, now they're silvery grey but that's the best result I've had. BTW though, Palmers i.e the cocoa butter people do an oil version that my sis uses, smells nicer!

Evey

I've been seeing commercials here like crazy too and I was wondering the same thing....Being pregnant has brought me stretch marks....EVERYWHERE lol

SingFrAbsoltion

I love love love it. I ran out though and I need to buy more. I've been using it for a couple of years now, I used to order it from New Zeland but now they finally got it in the US. yay

Sparklz55

Has anyone tried this on acne scars?

I've been trying to get something to reduce them so I don't have to go to the derm for it :/

SingFrAbsoltion

^ I think it would take a while to work. Maybe a few months. It worked for me but I don't remember how long i took. I was actually able to walk of the house without foundation afterwards
thmbup.gif

k.a.t

^ lol I was thinking about getting this but then i couldn't be bothered lol. It's weird because i get a lot of spots/zits (although i'm using freederm lotion and it has reaaally helped) and my skin scars easily (i pick at them alot lol) but then it also heals easily....soetimes the scars take a while to fade but they always do..i guess im just lucky.

Lip_gloss_whore

I have been using Bio Oil for about three months now, I use it for the stretch marks on my tummy I got after I had my son. I have seen a big difference and the stretch marks are barely noticeable now but I use this along with 100% shea butter so I don't really know which product is working better.... Overall I think it's a great product and it smells nice also.LOL

My sister also uses it on a scar she got after surgery and she says that it is working great for her also. Try it and let us know what you think especially since it's on sale.....

HOTasFCUK

I picked one up the other day and i haven't tried it yet! I've never been pregnant but i have stretch marks all over my bum from gaining weight as a teenager! I used to weigh 140 lbs. and the stretch marks are white now so i think its too late, damage is done! Now i weigh 120 lbs. and i'm starting to get some on the sides of my upper thighs from the weight loss! I'm going to start using it ASAP!

Esme

I live in Australia, and all the stores and chemists over here sell it. I think it has emu oil in it. My doctor recommended it to me for scars after I had some minor surgery a couple of years ago. It did seem to help, I had barely any scarring at all. I don't know that I would use it on my face, though. I use rose hip or rose seed oil on my face.

enviable

i use it on my face for old scars, which are starting to fade. What i love about it is that it has made my skin so soft and smooth. I use to have really dry patches and no moisturizer helped but bio oil had it gone in one night...

Tashona Helena

I just started using it last week here and there...I like the way it makes my skin feel even though I have oily skin it absorbs very well after I wash my face and put it on at bedtime. So yeah I'm gonna keep using it and see how it works!

kaexbabey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingFrAbsoltion
^ I think it would take a while to work. Maybe a few months. It worked for me but I don't remember how long i took. I was actually able to walk of the house without foundation afterwards
thmbup.gif

when in your face routine would you apply it? i used to use it after toning on just my acne scars and apply moisturizer on the rest of my face. idk if i should've put moisturizer on the bio oil too though. i stopped using it on my face because i just didn't like the feeling of oil on my face. i might again though because i hate these acne scars of mine. i have been using the youthful essence microdermabrasion system, and that seems to be helping them though.

for stretch marks, i think it has helped to fade mine but i dont think it would ever make it completely disappear. if you're pregnant it's safe to use during pregnancy to help prevent stretchmarks from happening in the first place.

bbyxkt

it made my face soft and didn't break me out even though it FEELS oily but other than that i didn't really see a difference

Jazmina11

I bought this, but I haven't seen a difference. I've just used it for my face, but now I think Im just gonna use it for my ugly stretch marks..

CantAffordMAC

i have little scars and marks all over my arms, do u you guys think this would help?? How long do you think it would take?

Latest posts