Black Friday Virgin ....

MzFit

I am pumped going to Pittsburgh for black friday. I don't know really what expect we have boxing day in Canada but I heard this is even crazzier. So here the high end stores Sephora, Lululemon, Holts (Like Macey's) they don't really have any great sales is it diffrent in the US? What is Victoria Secrets like for sales is it everything? Or selected things?

kaliraksha

I've never been to those stores on BF. But, I have been to BF for 12 yrs now. Go early, dress warm, bring warm drinks, water, snacks, charge your phone... if you really want something in particular at least. And definitely plan.... it is not a great day to be looking around or shopping. If you do plan to just go shop and check out the sales then come in a little later at like 8-9AM (hate that that's later lol).

Hope this has some useful stores... but I honestly don't ever see the ads for the places you mentioned in your post.

http://www.blackfriday.ca/

http://www.blackfriday2010.com/

Half N Half

I love black friday! I usually look at the ads online first and then make a list of the things I want. I try to go as early as possible to avoid the crowds. In my area the stores don't seem to get crazy until about 8. I'm not sure about all of the stores you listed, but I don't think Victoria's Secret really has that much stuff on sale. In the past I think they've had buy one get one half off bras, and some clothing on sale. I know that if you spend $60 you receive a free tote bag that contains some beauty items.

wittynickname

Just like the original poster, I'm a Canadian heading to the US on Black Friday. I am in Vancouver and plan to head south to the Seattle area for its bargains. Unfortunately Canadians are at a disadvantage because of the distance, the often long delays at the borders, the potential for duties when we return to Canada, inflated hotel room costs on Thursday night, etc. On the positive side, the Canadian dollar does go a long way and the prices and selection in the US stores is generally unmatched north of the border.

If you are into Black Friday, a very anal retentive yet practical soul has compiled a spreadsheet of the various sales at US retailers. It has 6700 different sale items.

http://blackfridaybuyingguide.shopping.officelive.com/default.aspx

DILLIGAF

I think Black Friday lost its luster for me once I started to work retail. For me now its all about Cyber Monday.

MzFit

Thanks all I been looking at ads there is really no deal I am dying for just want to see what all the hype is and get some good deals in the process.

LMD84

i wish we had black firday in the uk! some of the deals on electronic equipment were insane!!

DILLIGAF

i wish we had black firday in the uk! some of the deals on electronic equipment were insane!!

My store is closed on Thanksgiving Friday but I have to be there overnight to help set up my store for the sale on Friday. We set up Wednesday night going into Thursday morning. There is a Best Buy in the complex where I work. People start lining up/camping from Wednesday night. I'm sure this year we will see ppl there from Tuesday. Every year it gets a bit worse.

LMD84

My store is closed on Thanksgiving Friday but I have to be there overnight to help set up my store for the sale on Friday. We set up Wednesday night going into Thursday morning. There is a Best Buy in the complex where I work. People start lining up/camping from Wednesday night. I'm sure this year we will see ppl there from Tuesday. Every year it gets a bit worse.
well that sucks that you have to be there overnight just to set things up :( and i can believe people camp outside best buy - it's crazy and i wouldnt do it myself but people go mental for a bargain!

MzFit

LMD84 does the UK have boxing day? In Canada all our big sales are the day after Christmas aka boxing day.

LMD84

yeah all the good sales in the uk are on boxing day :) however because i only get that and Xmas day off work i never go out shopping in it!