Black hair dyes which are veggie friendly?

greengoesmoo

I found out that the company which make the hair dye I have always used still animal test.

If people want a brand name, I will spill, but I do not want to upset anyone.

I have left my hair undyed for 6 months now, and I would quite like to get back to my normal colour.

Does anyone know of (Preferably have used!) any quailty brands which do not test on animals that produce a good coverage black dye?

(not for greys, but I am naturally dark blonde and some dyes I have used before leave it not quite black.)

obscuria

I believe Herbatint is cruelty-free and is pretty effective. It is also based in the U.K. so it might be easier to obtain. My friend used this on me a few years ago when I went from a copper color to a dark brown. It's comparable to other more well known dyes without the chemical smell or guilty conscience. This lasted about 5-6 weeks for me before I noticed it start to lighten.

Also, Lush Henna Hair Color is another option. I also did this when going from lighter to dark (not sure if they have anything for the other way around). I believe you can only buy this online, but it also ships to the U.K.
It's a bit awkward to use and the smell isn't as pleasant. It comes in a solid form and you have to melt/mix it with water and olive oil in the kitchen and I found that I had to leave it in longer than I would any other dye (i.e. about an hour to an hour and a half). But the results were good. This lasted me about 4 weeks before it started to lighten to the point that I could notice.

Another good option is to go to a health foods store. They will sometimes have a hair treatment aisle and have some other cruelty-free options for hair dye that I have not used/thought of.

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengoesmoo
I found out that the company which make the hair dye I have always used still animal test.

If people want a brand name, I will spill, but I do not want to upset anyone.

I have left my hair undyed for 6 months now, and I would quite like to get back to my normal colour.

Does anyone know of (Preferably have used!) any quailty brands which do not test on animals that produce a good coverage black dye?

(not for greys, but I am naturally dark blonde and some dyes I have used before leave it not quite black.)

I don't know if you guys have Aveda products over there but they are all plant based (no animal products or testing
smiles.gif
It's great and all I will use on my hair as far as coloring
smiles.gif

Latest posts