Black MAC Barbie?

OnaFyre

So, in one of the threads, there was a picture of an actual Barbie doll to accompanty the Barbie Loves MAC collection. Will there be a black Barbie doll as well? The promo picks show black models. I'm not a huge fan of Barbie (but I was when I was little), but I'd buy a black one because it melds a past obsession with a current one. In all honesty, I'd probably buy the white one just to say I have a MAC barbie... But It'd make me feel really good inside to buy a black one. Know what I mean? Comments, speculation, and hard facts are all welcome.

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaFyre
So, in one of the threads, there was a picture of an actual Barbie to accompanty the Barbie Loves MAC collection. Will there be a black Barbie as well? The promo picks show black models. I'm not a huge fan of Barbie (but I was when I was little), but I'd buy a black one because it melds a past obsession with a current one. In all honesty, I'd probably buy the white one just to say I have a MAC barbie... But It'd make me feel really good inside to buy a black one. Know what I mean? Comments, speculation, and hard facts are all welcome.

I know exactly what you mean. If there is I may consider liking this collection (don't quote me).

Sundae

Can u elaborate further? I don't understand what your asking.

Are you asking if you should buy the black one?

I personally think they are both pretty. They have such striking features, but i must admit, i kinda look at the black one more. I think i'm looking at the colours and seeing if it would work with me. I'm happy that's what the black one looks like.

I would actually purchase something from that collection. It looks really cool!

Indigowaters

I think she's asking if there will actually be an african-american doll just like the caucasian doll that we saw in the pictures for the collection coming out. I saw the pictures of the two models (one black, one white) wearing the makeup in the Barbie color story. I'd have to see some looks and more pictures to know if I'll actually like it though.

Sundae

ok ok i get it now.

I hear what your saying Indigowaters. I do really like the pink lip gloss but i don't know how it would really look on me. i'm the same complection as you. I know that it would show up pretty bright because i have tried pink colours before. But the one on the black model looks kinda like a shocking pink.

It's still pretty though

MAChostage

I hear ya, too. I'm not a "Barbie person", but I would love to be able to buy a doll that resembles me.
clap.gif
Even if there is only the caucasion doll, I will still probably buy it for collector's sake. If MAC offers both, I will buy them both.

Deirdre

I noticed on the back of the box in the photo, there were four color coded bars - I was wondering if there might be four different Barbies, or if the color coded bars were just highlighting the features of that particular doll. I thought it would be cool if there was an asian, a black, a white, and an old Barbie! Hehehe.

OnaFyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae
Can u elaborate further? I don't understand what your asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
I think she's asking if there will actually be an african-american doll just like the caucasian doll that we saw in the pictures for the collection coming out.

Yep, I was talking about the actual doll.

Natalie_Necro

I know what you mean, I wish they would make an asian one too! When I was little I remember it being kinda hard to find an asian barbie
ssad.gif

KeshieShimmer

I think from a manufacturing perspective I think that the amount to make 4 different dolls would be some moolah. That being said I will probably still buy the white one.

slvrlips

So MAC is going to be selling a barbie
what thread was that in I want to see
lol I love Barbie as a kid and to have one that's wearing my favorite make-up would be awesome

geeko

huh u mean MAC is selling Barbie dolls in conjunction with the barbie collection ????

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshieShimmer
I think from a manufacturing perspective I think that the amount to make 4 different dolls would be some moolah. That being said I will probably still buy the white one.

But knowing how crazy people are about the collections from MAC and how crazy Barbie collectors can be, I would think they could easily make up the money.

I would find it odd that there wouldn't be a black Barbie along with the white Barbie. I'm not banking on any other races represented, thouh

Fairybelle

If you are looking for Asian 'Barbie' dolls (with MAC-like MU on), Gwen Stefani just launched some dolls inspired by her Harajuku Lovers Tour. She has dolls of her BU dancers: Love, Angel, Music, and Baby. They (including the dolls of herself) have a 'Bratz' kind of look, and are under $20 US if you can find them at a Claires Accessories. Hope this helps, if you want a LE doll like MAC, but want one that is Asian...
Unfortunately, Gwen doesn't have any other nationalities of her dolls *yet*... but you never know, she always comes up with something for everyone!! Hope MAC can see the light and create other dolls in the future!

Just wanted to add- I love how Gwen celebrates all colors, all cultures in her music and fashion design. I hope she inspires more companies to see the beauty in all of us!

Sundae

Why is it that most people would buy the white one??? is she better looking or something. what's up with that?

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdre
I noticed on the back of the box in the photo, there were four color coded bars - I was wondering if there might be four different Barbies, or if the color coded bars were just highlighting the features of that particular doll. I thought it would be cool if there was an asian, a black, a white, and an old Barbie! Hehehe.

I was just thinking the same thing
hmm.gif
... does anyone know the answer to this? Has anyone else seen the doll 'up close' enough to know? If not 4 dolls, what are those colored bars on the back? Thanks!

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
If you are looking for Asian 'Barbie' dolls (with MAC-like MU on), Gwen Stefani just launched some dolls inspired by her Harajuku Lovers Tour. She has dolls of her BU dancers: Love, Angel, Music, and Baby. They (including the dolls of herself) have a 'Bratz' kind of look, and are under $20 US if you can find them at a Claires Accessories. Hope this helps, if you want a LE doll like MAC, but want one that is Asian...
Unfortunately, Gwen doesn't have any other nationalities of her dolls *yet*... but you never know, she always comes up with something for everyone!! Hope MAC can see the light and create other dolls in the future!

Just wanted to add- I love how Gwen celebrates all colors, all cultures in her music and fashion design. I hope she inspires more companies to see the beauty in all of us!

Gwen actually irks me for having the women follow her around. They choose to do it, but the whole treatment is disgusting IMO.

Here's more info and a more eloquent response of why her Harajuku girls are offensive to me.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...t/1586608.html

little teaser

hmm.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae
Why is it that most people would buy the white one??? is she better looking or something. what's up with that?

Beauty Mark

I don't think more people would necessarily... if we look at people wanting Barbies who are the same race as they are, are there more white Barbie collectors? Besides the MAC fans, the only other people I think who are going to significantly purchase MAC Barbie are Barbie collectors.

However, knowing other doll collectors and how crazy they get, I think it Mattel produced several other skin types (I assume the dolls are limited edition), they would sell out between the doll collectors and MAC collectors.

Latest posts