Black or similar pigment/eyeshadow

Sushi.

So whenever ive tried to use black eyeshadow its really messy and so hard to put on evenly. Ive been told this is something i have to just deal with when it comes to wanting to black. Is this true? Could anyone reccomend me maybe a dark grey then that would work well for creating smokey looks? Or should i just use black? some reccomendations as to what exactly to use would be really helpful, also, i love pics showing what it looks like on
greengrin.gif

makeba

there are many pics of lovely ladies on this site that show a smokey look. if you want a black smoked out look try using sharkskin shadestick or blackground paint pot as a base then use your deep shadow on top of it. blackground paint pot is a creamy texture and is easier to blend. sharkskin shadestick works too but sticks usually tug at the skin a bit. do a search for smokey eyelooks and tons of beautiful pics will appear. hth

purrtykitty

Really, any dark shadow will work for a smokey eye, but if you want an alternative to black shadow, maybe try Dark Soul pigment (it's black with a bit of sparkle, I believe). I tend to use dark purples or browns because they look less harsh on me. Make sure your eyes aren't dry because that will cause any base to go on unevenly. Also, try patting the shadow on instead of sweeping it. You'll get less fallout and you'll really be able to give the color depth.

GlamYOURUs

Sharkskin s/s OR blackground p/p OR bare canvas paint
Carbon
217 brush
scotch tape

That should do the trick
winks.gif

FiestyFemme

I think some of it depends on the eyeshadow you're using. My fave black eyeshadow is UD Deluxe in Zero. It goes on more evenly than my MAC black eyeshadows, which is why I love it so much. Fallout tends to be a problem with darker shades, IME, but I usually find it pretty easy to brush away. A good base helps too.

KimmyAnn_678

Lancome makes a nice dark greyish blue called The New Blue and it is great if you apply it lightly, you can get a sultry smokey eye that isn't as dramatic as using a black.

Also, if you apply your black first, then whatever color to blend over it, often times you can tone down the blackness of the black...
http://specktra.net/f191/smokey-ish-...utorial-89722/ - a tut by fingie that shows exactly what I mean
smiles.gif
I've done the same with my dark blues/purple/plums/maroons...

Latest posts