black to platinum?

gRiZeLda

is it possible for me to get this done? or atleast a very light color of blonde if my hair color is black???

Femme Noir

it's possible. But even more possible for your hair to fall out in the process. Plus your hair is going to go through a really bad orange/yellow phase that's really hard to get rid of.

gRiZeLda

so it doesnt go platinum rite away? like not even if i sit under that thing that goes over ur head?

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by gRiZeLda
is it possible for me to get this done? or atleast a very light color of blonde if my hair color is black???

You can go black to a light blonde color and then if you get your hair colored again, it'll get lighter. I have black hair, but then I colored my hair a light ash brown color with platinum blonde highlights. At first your hair will have this brassy color near your roots, but you can get rid of that by using this one product. If you would like to know, I can tell you more about it.
smiles.gif

Gloriamgo

i have naturally dark brown hair, like the darkest brown bordering on black and i was actually able to get to a very light blond. i didn't do it right away though, because my stylist said that if i did my hair wouldn't really look nice and it would be very obvious. i would recommend that you gradually lighten your hair, that way, each time you get your hair done (or do it yourself), you hair has gotten used to the color and will take to it better, and it will still be healthy...i also recommend that you have it done at a salon and not do it yourself, at least not at first.

dollbabybex

my hair was died black and now its really blonde...

but it went mid blonde first bleach

then lighter...

then the 3rd time it was really blonde.

i didnt do that in one sitting, i did it over a few months

but i have had it done in one sitting before...it does make your hair fragile...

my hair is in really good condition,

as i deep condition

and did not yellow as i used blue shampoo, which is a must have for bleached hair
smiles.gif

oh and please have it done in a salon, where they can keep an eye on your hair !!

bellamia

It can be done gradually as everyone mentioned. Never do it in one sitting your hair can break and feel like hay! But even gradually can make it feel brittle because your stripping your hair. So I would suggest twice a week do some deep conditioning treatments. If you get the treatments in the salon ask what products they use for this. Because sometimes they will put a cheap product in an unlable container and tell you a story about how great this product is and blah blah blah or you can just purchase your own treatments and bring it with you to the salon which comes out to be cheaper for you.

Oh when they bleach your hair make sure they record everthing such as the developer number, how much etc. So that way when you go back they will be able to match your re-touch with n problem. Alot of salons forget an then the customer is upset because the color is off. I hope any of this helps.
wavey.gif

Bootyliciousx

I have naturally black hair. I dyed it black and it came out jet black. SO I dyed my hair at home couple of time using way lighter color to lighten it up. None of this worked so I went to the salon and got it medium light brown. I wamnted to go lighter, so my stylist told me the next time I come in she will dye it that color. Since my hair color had three different shades. I agree with everyone you should gradually lighten you hair. First get it medium or light brown, ask the stylist. And then the next time you come in get it blonde.

bottleblack

My hair is naturally light brown - I dyed my hair black for about 5 years (hence the name, bottleblack) and decided I wanted platinum Gwen Stefani blonde. I let my best friend (with all of 6 months of truant enrollment in beauty school, heh) do it because she swore she could - man-oh-man, did it look terrible. By all means, let a professional advise you on it!

gRiZeLda

--------thank U Girls So Much, I Think Ill Gradually Start To Lighten It, Like With "highlights" N Stuff Thank U So Much For Ur Advice! Huggs N Kisses For Everyone!!--------

kimmy

last week my hair was the colour of Dr. Pepper, really dark reddish brown, almost black. i went blonde in one night, and decided that i hated it. i used a colour remover (my hair is naturally light red brown, the dark was dye), then a bleaching system then a dye and toner. came out really gorgeous blonde...only come to find out that there's a reason i'm not a blonde anymore, it just doesn't look good on me haha. so i went back dark the same night.

it is of course, better to let a professional do this. my hair has stood up to about a million home dye jobs in the past two years and i use some really amazing products so that whole dark to light process didn't damage my hair AT ALL. BUT, that's not the case most of the time.

so i'd advise to make sure you want it platinum blonde before you start the process, because black to platinum blonde is a very long and expensive process, even if you're doing it at home. and it would be a shame to find out you don't really like it.

have the hair stylist use a color remover not bleach to lift the black. it reduces the likelyhood of brassiness and won't cause breakage at all. Phantom is a great color remover. in 3 hours i went from blood red and black to carmel and platinum. no breakage to speak of yet. everyone makes it sound so scary but its really no big deal. you'll probably need to phantom it twice (its a non-damaging process. no ammonia or bleach in it) then you can bleach it to get your desired platinum, tone if need be then deep condition.

Glitziegal

You can have your hair stripped professionally. I worked at a salon where I saw it being done. It takes hours and does go through stages of scary orange. That is allegedly the best was to have it done. Then let it rest a month or so with lots of hair repair /deep conditioners, then get a full head of highlights.
It can be done, just don't cut any corners.

gRiZeLda

you gals have been really helpful, i look more into the color removers, so my hair doesnt get really bad damage..

Latest posts