blankety - what to pair it with?

mac-me-up

I tried blankety l/s with no liner, no gloss, and it looked terrible on my lips. ( my lips have some color to them). What, if anything, do you recommend wearing with it to make it better?

I see all these swatches with blankety, and the color looks gorgeous (like a pinkish-brown) but when I tried it on I looked like I had gray lips!
weeping.gif
I ssoooo want to like it use it because I hear so many good things about the color. Anyone else have this experience and if so, did you just give up on the color or find a way to make it work for you?

P.S. I have a warm skin tone, about medium beige ( I use jane iredale foundation in warm sienna, if that helps)

juicyaddict

I just have praises for this color. I discovered it through mzreyes' fotds. Looks good on her so I bought it. It works for my nc40 skintone. You can use a liner with it to change its color (sorry can't recommend any mac ones), or I put shiseido petal pink l/g or pink meringue l/g just like in this fotd i did.
http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=73901

Winthrop44

I have pigmented lips too. Give it a try with Gingerroot cremestick liner or Subculture lip pencil. If you want it to look darker/browner rather than pinky Honey B cremestick is another one to try.

BTW that combo in your FOTD looks great on you juicyaddict!

mzdawn

I pat foundation or concealer onto my lips, apply blankety and top with Prr. I think that I reach for Spice ir Whirl if I do line but most of the time I go for that "pouty" neutral look. Dabbing/blotting off the excess also helps to keep it line for me.

lara

Subculture and Spice from MAC.

It also works wonderfully with Scott Barnes See-Thru Pink lipliner.

rebekah

if it looks weird on you try putting on a brighter color l/s and then wiping all of that off leaving a little bit of a tint of the old color on your lips, then apply a blankety, and maybe a gloss overtop?

also Spice is a really nice lipliner with blankety.

also wear a fair amount of eyeshadow so that your face doesnt just look totally washed out.

Def. try pairing w/ Spice though