Bleaching the head

JunkaLunk

I need help. I'm going to sallys this afternoon to buy that powdered bleach stuff. And plan on bleaching my entire head.
why?? because I WANT TEAL HAIR! hahah yeah. while i can still pull it off without jobs and what not.
th_sign_woot.gif

but anyways, yes I do know that bleaching my hair will put a great toll on it. What are some things that I can do to prevent as much damage as possible? (i.e. masks, treatments, conditioners)

Do you guys suggest any type of bleach?

micky_mouse

deep condition it alot
how many times are you bleaching your hair?
if you bleach it once then it may not damage it much but if you do it more then once wait a few days to a week to bleach it again.and a toner would be good to help make your hair less yellowish i think its blue or violet toner someone at sallys will know for sure which one it is.

Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkaLunk
thanks, what exactly is a toner?

A Toner is the product that you can use after bleaching, it is like a color but it does not damage your hair only adds color, you would mix you toner with a 10 Volume creme developer.

Another Janice!

I am the Queen of really screwing up my hair.

A few years ago, I attempted to bleach it. It was a disaster. Orange, white, yellow and copper is how it turned out.

If you have any other hair color other than blonde, I strongly suggest you leave it to the professionals.

I wound up having to go to the pros after that mishap. Any money I would have saved was spent anyway.

thestarsfall

Make sure to apply it to the roots last...they take like 20 mins usually and they are pale pale...while the ends can take like hours.

Also, if you are going teal (is it a dark teal or like a light turquoise?) you dont need to bleach it out to a white stage. Get it to yellow or slightly darker and then tone it to a neutral colour...the teal will show up still...

Make sure its even though...I did blue and while it looks amazing I had like peacock hair because it was dark blue and lighter blue and greenish blue and teal in different areas...

Silvana

The roots bleach faster because they are close to your scalp and so warmer. The bleaching agent actually processes faster with heat.
One thing that I do when I bleach mine is make sure it is all very evenly smothed to my head [folded up and over depending on length] and then I cover with a thick shower cap and put a hot blow dryer to it.
This keeps the bleach from drying out before it processes completely and it makes it react better.

[when I do other peoples I always put it in lots of foils]

I have very very dark brown hair natually and it usually take two goes around to get a white blond color. The first time it comes out yellow-orange.

Depending on the length and thickness of your hair, doing it at home is not always a good plan.

If it is long/thick, I would say go to a salon.