Bleeding lipstick? Not cute.

ForgetRegret

Ugh. So apparently I've got a problem, ladies and gents. I really only started wearing lipstick on a regular basis within the last couple of months...I usually stuck with glosses...but anyway, it seems that lately, despite my lipliner, my friggin lipstick is bleeding...and it's hot pink...so it is NOT a good look. *sigh* I've tried not putting l/g over it, putting concealer around my lips before I line...it's still bleeding. Got any ideas..? It seems to have started in the last few weeks...perhaps it's due to the stupid heat? ...I hate the sun...big heathen disc of fire...evil, I tell you...it's evil
th_devil.gif

ForgetRegret

LMFAO you can have it!!!!
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against a little bit of sunshine...but the oppressive heat that comes along with it? Not so much. Someone needs to turn on the air conditioner...

TISH1124

I use Mac prep n prime lip.....or colorstay clear non feathering lipliner underneath my lipstick

Also lip exfoliating is essential for lips

ForgetRegret

Oh goodness, yes...I do exfoliate...otherwise it's REALLY not cute...
I've used the prep n prime lip before, but I felt like I had 3 feet of lip stuff on my mouth by the time I was done...the colorstay stuff, does it work well for you?

TISH1124

yes it does...but so does the prep n prime...I really don't have a lot of bleeding from my MAC l/s ...The reds are the only ones i have to really use the liner with

ForgetRegret

Hmmm...I'll have to try it...I'll go run out and grab it tonight after work so I can use it for the party at my dance studio tonight. w00t! Thanks Tish! Hehe...
Oh, and the only colors I've noticed it happening with are my hot pinks & magenta (GAT, Impassioned, and Rebel)...maybe it's just the redness? Hmm...either way, I appreciate the recommendation...maybe this is just what I've been looking for!
yahoo.gif

thewinglessbird

I use All About Lips by Clinique & don't have this issue. It's a lightweight formular so it doesn't feel like you have anything on your lips, but it does make them feel incredibly velvet soft! Do you also do the apply >> blot (stain) >> apply? It makes your lip color last longer but it also provides grip, if you don't want to fill in the lips with a liner...

mdjmsj

I find that when I'm done applying my Liner and lipstick, running too faced borderline clear pencil around the outer rim of the lipliner works perfectly. It really 'locks' in brights.

Visual Edge

I have bright red hair so my go-to party look is red lips in a matching shade to my hair of course, this means lots of bleeding! Luckily, I discovered a great product by cargo called the reverse lipliner. It's a skintone colored pencil that you line the outside of your lips with after lipstick application and then blend with your foundation. It works great!!
By the way, I got this product in a kit of 7 fullsized prodcuts for $59 (Canadian) and I love everything in it (blush, huge eyshadow quad, mascara, reverse lipliner, timestrip technology lipgloss, eyeliner and a huge tube of one base concealor). If you're interested in trying out the line this is a great value and the products are awesome but of course, you could always just buy the lipliner on it's own!

olddcassettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
Oh, and the only colors I've noticed it happening with are my hot pinks & magenta (GAT, Impassioned, and Rebel)...maybe it's just the redness?

rebel bleeds for me as well! never have a prob with GAT though

ForgetRegret

Thanks ladies, for all your help...after much searching Friday, I couldn't find the stupid Revlon pencil in clear...of course I found every OTHER color, though...soooo...since I was in a bind, and had already planned on wearing Rebel that night, I thought I'd try something, and amazingly, it worked! ...so I thought I'd share...
Did the whole liner, lipstick, blot, lipstick, blot lightly again thing...and then stuck a q-tip in my MUFE HD powder, and pressed it into my skin, right along the outside of my lipline. I've used my HD powder to "set" my lipsticks before (they seriously don't budge), but I didn't want a matte look, and surprisingly enough, the powder kept my lipstick from bleeding ALL night...I even took a chance and put some lipgloss on later in the evening, and it still didn't bleed. WOOOOO!
Thanks again for all your suggestions...I really appreciate the help.
smiles.gif

leenybeeny

I am going to try this too! I have always had an issue with bleeding lipcolour.. brights I can only ever wear matte.. forget red or bright pink gloss. The only other thing that has worked for me is to use Shelaq overtop my lipstick, but it's sooo drying. I think I am doomed to a life without glossy red lips.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
I am going to try this too! I have always had an issue with bleeding lipcolour.. brights I can only ever wear matte.. forget red or bright pink gloss. The only other thing that has worked for me is to use Shelaq overtop my lipstick, but it's sooo drying. I think I am doomed to a life without glossy red lips.

ssad.gif
It sucks when it seems that way, doesn't it? Hopefully the HD powder will let you be red and glossy!
greengrin.gif
If it worked for me, as oily and uncooperative as my skin is, I'd be inclined to believe it'd work for you too. GL!

Latest posts