Blending Brush Help w/ Pics (Mac, sigma, ELF, Coastal Scents, ect)

Ange1

Hello, I need some help. I got the Sigma ss224, a long time ago, and I loved it! It fit perfectly, and I had alot of control over the blending. Since I use it everyday, I decided to swap for another one. Sigma has redesigned it and it's more like the Mac 224, and Sonia Kashuk blending brush. IT'S TOO HUGE FOR MY EYES! THE BRISTLES ARE TOO LONG!

Here are some pics:

30wwnwx.jpg

20pubzk.jpg

Anyone can recommend, a similar blending brush to my 1st sigma brush, or sell/swap me one or two 1st gen sigma ss224.

ELF brushes didn't grab enough color (IMO), Coastal Scents are too hard/rough, and Mac/Sonia Kashuk's blending brushes bristle are waaaay to long.

Help!
th_dunno.gif

PS- I'm planing on buying the ss217, and ss222 to see if those would be a good dupe too. If those fail aswell, I think maybe the MAC 217 is the closest dupe.

summerblue

How about the MAC 226 which is the smaller, more tapered version of the 224. You say that the handle on the MAC 224 is longer than the Sigma 224. I have the 187 & the Sigma is about an inch longer than the MAC.

Also, highly recommend the Revlon contour brush sold at Walmart for around $7. The handle is longer than MAC, but at this price, you can cut down the handle & put a coat of black or clear acrylic gloss over the bottom (from AC Moore for a dollar or two.) This brush was recommended by utube mu guru gossmakupartist who preferred this brush over the 224 as it's more tapered & has better blending control.

HTH!

Ange1

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblue
How about the MAC 226 which is the smaller, more tapered version of the 224. You say that the handle on the MAC 224 is longer than the Sigma 224. I have the 187 & the Sigma is about an inch longer than the MAC.

Also, highly recommend the Revlon contour brush sold at Walmart for around $7. The handle is longer than MAC, but at this price, you can cut down the handle & put a coat of black or clear acrylic gloss over the bottom (from AC Moore for a dollar or two.) This brush was recommended by utube mu guru gossmakupartist who preferred this brush over the 224 as it's more tapered & has better blending control.

HTH!

Thanks for your help! I actually meant the the bristle are longer, and therefore I have less control over the blending. And, the bristles splay everywhere! lol

summerblue

Yeah, the bristles on the 224 are longer. I don't like the 224 not only because it splays, but it's not dense or tapered enough for my liking. I really like the Revlon brush. And when I shop at Walmart, I can actually slip the brush head out of the pkg. in order to select a nice, dense head.

BTW, I love both the 222 & 217, but I don't feel that they are dupes for the type of blending brush you are interested in. The 217 is really for a tighter crease application only & it's got long bristles.

When you order from CS again, be sure to pick up the Italian Badger Doe Foot Stippler brush. This brush is soft, yet dense enough to get the job done. I'm enjoying this brush. Since it's cut on an angle, what I do is hold the brush upside down so the handle & my hand are above my eye & I put the highest part of the slanted tip into the crease of my eye socket. Using it this way, I apply the shadow to the whole crease area back & forth keeping the upper point of the slant in the crease &, then, I blend in a circular motion, still with the brush in the eye crease. This gives me a much more dense, but blended application of e/s in this area. I don't know what the intended way to use this brush is, but it works sterling the way I am using it. I've tried CS's other blending brushes, but they stink.

Besides specktra, go over to makeupalley to read the reviews on the brushes you are interested in -- if they are reviewed. You can either purchase a brush here or swap here or there.

smiles.gif

ThePowderPuff

Don't go for the 217, it's quite big, at least on me. The 222 gives much more precission, and is better if you're looking for a smalle brush, even though the bristles seem a bit longer. I love it!

Latest posts