Blending Brushes 226 vs 217

Kirsty

Hi

I've been watching a few Youtube videos lately and most people are using a 217 to blend shadows. I kinda feel like I am missing out. If I have a 226 brush will a 217 be a worthwile investment or will it get neglected??

(i probably wouldnt use it for concealer as I know a few do. I prefer fingers for this job)

TIA x

fallenang3l211

The 226 and 217 are both good blending brushes but for me they both serve very different purposes. The 217 I use for applying shadow and blending out harsh edges on all areas of the lid. My 226 I use strictly for my crease - whether it be applying shadow or for blending out color into my crease.

I use my 217 daily and I couldn't live without it, infact i have 2!. I've had my 226 for almost a year and my 217 for maybe 6 months. I've used my 217 MANY more times than my 226...but I haven't neglected either one.

Kirsty

Thanks, I should also add i'm by no means a master blender. I'm still on bobby basics atm
smiles.gif

hello_my_apple

the 226 is a softer blending brush, i also use it for crease application for contour. the 217 is the perfect blending brush, awesome for application all over, and great for cream shadows and paint pots.. i'd say get them both!

cazgh

I cant live without my 217 - I just bought my 3rd so I always have a clean one to blend with.

I'd get both if money doesn't matter
smiles.gif

Kirsty

Perfect. well I got a giftcard for xmas so now seems as good a time as any. Thanks ladies!

Shadowy Lady

I had 217 for years before 226 came out and though I love both brushes, I think 226 is more precise and hence I prefer it to 217.

Sass

217 gets rid of harsh lines period...for me. 226 is precise with the crease application and I love that about. That's what I use my brushes for.

gildedangel

I think that it would be a good investment for you to get the 217 because it does a great job of getting rid of hard lines whereas the 226 is good for more precise work in the crease. Both are great to have!

HustleRose

i own both and they are very good brushes. but the 217 is a lot more versatile. you can apply e/s with it to the lid, the crease, and highlight. you can also use it blend out the crease or soften harsh lines. i would be lost without my 217. in my opinion if you're only going to get one, get the 217.

CandeeNova

I have both as well as the 222 and 224. The 224 is the same texture as the 226, they're just shaped differently. To me, these brushes are so rough! it feels like i'm blendin with sandpaper! ouch! So i prefer the 222 and the 217 because they're so very soft! My favorite is the 217 because it's so versatile and SO soft! It's definitely a good investment! hope this helps!
winkiss.gif