Blocked Pores

Sanayhs

Ok, so. The pores in my nose have been blocked for so long I don't remember what they look like clear.
blink.gif
They are totally blocked so that I have the tiny outward bump where each pore should be. I mean, on the bright side, it means my foundation can't possibly sink in to them, but it pisses me off.

How do I fix it? The cheaper, the better.

Moxy

One thing that has worked for me is Olay's Thermal face exfoliator
yes.gif
And it cost 7 british pounds, which is around 10 dollars I think.

Moxy

Hmmm ok.

In UK, this product is called "Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher" and on the US Olay site, the closest what I found was "Olay Regenerist Thermal Mini Peel".

Hmmm. Do you think it's possible they gave them different names?

Fataliya

I've been using Garden of Wisdom's "Perfekt Pumken" Serum.

It's a chemical exfoliator, and yes, it obviously has a slight burn/tingle to it, but you're only supposed to use it once or twice a week.

It made a HUGE difference in my pores. I get them on my nose, chin, and on the apples of my cheeks. =(

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
You could try Bioré pore cleansing strips.

It's really quite fascinating (in a totally disgusting sort of way) how much gunk these will pull out of pores.

We have them here too from Nivea. They work great but.. yes in a very disgusting sort of way. *shudders*
lol.gif

MACLovin

You need a good chemical exfoliant... I really like this brand called MyChelle (i get it at Whole Foods but they probably have the line at any health food store), they have a "Fruit Fiesta Peel" and it's awesome! Gets rid of dead layers of skin so all that crap can make its way out of your pores. And it makes your skin glowy in the process.
thmbup.gif

If it's really that bad though, you may want to get a facial and have them do extractions. Then you can just do the upkeep yourself with an AHA/BHA peel 1-2x per week.
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

Thanks so much for the responses! It does sound like a chemical exfoliant is what I'm needing. Biore strips and the like do a whole lot of nothing for me, and normal exfoliants I have on hand really haven't done it either. It's just my nose that's a big jerk and a facial really isn't in the budget at this point. I'll look around for a chemical exfoliant.
smiles.gif

Thanks again!

dreamer246

I know this is bad, but I use a little tool to squeeze out the blackheads and whatnot in my pores. It is a metal rod that has a rounded head, kinda like a hoop. I think the people at facial parlors use this too. If you know what I'm talking about, I don't really know how to describe it.
blink.gif

nunu

Try steaming your face , that will help unclog your pores.

Go over to a sink, open the hot water and place a towel over your head so that the steam doesn't escape.

Hope it helps!

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Try steaming your face , that will help unclog your pores.

Go over to a sink, open the hot water and place a towel over your head so that the steam doesn't escape.

Hope it helps!

Unfortunately, that's a recipe for instant asthma attack for my lame self.

BloopBloop

lol whenever mine gets that bad, i reach for my tweezers and tweeze those suckers out. im going to try out that fruit peel from whole foods though, it sounds interesting. it says to apply a thin layer, and leave it on for a minute. is there no scrubbing? x_X

GlamYOURUs

lol I admit I tweeze haha But I do use a scrub everyday, something that isn't so harsh on the skin and it really helps b/c it stays clear and its noticably clear in about a week or two.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I know this is bad, but I use a little tool to squeeze out the blackheads and whatnot in my pores. It is a metal rod that has a rounded head, kinda like a hoop. I think the people at facial parlors use this too. If you know what I'm talking about, I don't really know how to describe it.
blink.gif

lol Yes! They heat it and take it out that way.
Another alternative is to heat a spoon and do the same thing. Doesn't work for everyone but its better to try it out. Won't hurt you
winks.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
lol Yes! They heat it and take it out that way.
Another alternative is to heat a spoon and do the same thing. Doesn't work for everyone but its better to try it out. Won't hurt you
winks.gif

I've gotten so used to this squeezing thing that I can just use just a fingernail to press my nose and the blackhead would pop out. It's all about the technique.
tong.gif

anshu7

I think u really need to exfoliate. Look into retin. A weaker version is retinol available OTC. A very good one is Neutrogena Heathy Skin Anti Wrinkle intensive night cream. Start slow by applying every other day and make sure u apply sunblock in the am. This will speed up ur cell genration and exfoliation which will make u get rid of ur blackheads
smiles.gif

lexijojohnson

I'm just getting into MyChelle. I got the Incredible Pumpkin Peel and am liking that a lot, but am reading more and more about the Fruit Fiesta Peel...that is next on my list :)

myazg23

i dont know what to use before my foundation i have prores around nose and nose area and i try many things but nothing help. does any one have any tip what primer to use ?

Latest posts