Blogger Help

CaraAmericana

I am pretty knowledge about html and most css but what the heck am I missing?

I would like to have the two basic columns on blogger to be move over more to the left side of the page.

Help Someone! thx!

CaraAmericana

Yeah. I put my own background up but I was the columns shifted over. (the column where you diary posts go and the column where all the widgets are)

redambition

i just checked out your blog - you want the posts and sidebar to be more on the left rather than centred, yeah?

excuse me for a moment while i trawl through the code...

redambition

ok - i think i've got it.

you need to change a few things.

****back up your current template before making any changes, just in case it goes wrong. i learnt this the hard way once, and had to totally rebuild my template
ssad.gif

first: on the header-wrapper, main-wrapper and footer sections:

change the margin attribute to margin-left: XXpx; (XX = number of pixels you want the left margin to be.)

next, in the sidebar-wrapper section:

change float to left, and add a left margin of 5px.

float: left;
margin-left: 5px;

that should push it all to the left hand side of the page.

the sidebar + post section won't align completely with the footer on my screen (the footer is a bit wider), but if i try and add more margin it goes all out of whack. if it really bothers you then you can adjust the size of the footer to make it smaller and so align with the rest.

quick note - the background image gets cut off on my lil 12" laptop screen. i can't see all of your URL or the barbie logo
ssad.gif