Bloggers: Help!

crystalclear

I was just wondering if anyone with a blog out there has ever had someone (not a friend/follower/acquaintance etc) offer to do a banner etc in exchange for putting "simple text links" (I am not sure what these are) in the blog?

I just got an email offering to do exactly that for me but I am wondering what does it really mean? Will it place an onerous obligation on me or is it perhaps a scammer trying to access my site or infect it with a virus etc? I have googled the company in question and it seems they are a real company but obviously anyone can set up a site and then close it and feel it would be better to find out if other beuaty bloggers have had any dealings or whether they were good or bad.

The company is seoedge.com.

I would love this to be something genuinely good but would prefer to be safe than sorry

Redz24

Funnily enough i got the same email, I'm happy with the way my blog is and my OH and good mate are pro's on PS anyway so I just ignored it.

Looks like a mass email to me.

crystalclear

Ah, okay, thanks, I think I will ignore it and just pay for one so that I at least know what I'm getting and don't get any nasty surprises or bad terms.