Blot Powder - how long has it been around?

hulagirl

I just bought my first Pressed Blot Powder in "light". I remember the last time I bought Blot, it only came in one translucent shade. When did MAC come out with all these others?

lucylu

the loose blot powder came out when studio fix fluid came out but the pressed blot powder had been out for a while, at least a couple of years but probably more, i got my first medium maybe 2 years ago

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
How are they different than normal powder?

The blot powder's main purpose is to eliminate shine on the skin. The powder also has very little pigment.

BlahWah

FYI, I think medium dark was released with the Catherine Deneuve collection, not along with the others.

Corvs Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
FYI, I think medium dark was released with the Catherine Deneuve collection, not along with the others.

I got Medium Dark last Christmas so there's no way that it was introduced with the CD collection. I think they just packaged it pretty for that collection. That's all.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
How are they different than normal powder?

No binding oil and milled so the powder particles have minimum shine.
smiles.gif

The current Blot colour range has been around as long as I've been buying MAC, and that's getting on for a few years.

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah

Actually CD had a repromote/repackage of Medium Blot Powder.

OnaFyre

So, my mother and I used to share the blot Dark before (maybe even 2 or 3 years before) she passed away in '99. So the original three pressed shades were arround then. I believe the other three shades were introduced arround the time I moved to Oregon so that would put it at about '01ish maybe... but I think I didn't start loving (as opposed to really liking) MAC until 02ish, which is when I bought my first Deep Dark. Hope this helps.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
No binding oil and milled so the powder particles have minimum shine.
smiles.gif

The current Blot colour range has been around as long as I've been buying MAC, and that's getting on for a few years.

Is it a makeup staple or just something that's nice to have?

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
Is it a makeup staple or just something that's nice to have?

To me it's a kit staple, but YMMV. I carry Medium and Dark pressed and use it as setting powder - it makes a make-up last twice as long under heavy lights, and it takes a lot of retouching to make it go cakey. I use it on just about everyone (including myself). The only time I go back to regular translucent powder is if I'm doing a make-up on an older lady whose skin is going a bit crepeish and grey, then I use a mix of translucent setting and a weeny bit of sheer pinkish luminising powder.
smiles.gif

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
To me it's a kit staple, but YMMV. I carry Medium and Dark pressed and use it as setting powder - it makes a make-up last twice as long under heavy lights, and it takes a lot of retouching to make it go cakey. I use it on just about everyone (including myself). The only time I go back to regular translucent powder is if I'm doing a make-up on an older lady whose skin is going a bit crepeish and grey, then I use a mix of translucent setting and a weeny bit of sheer pinkish luminising powder.
smiles.gif

I was just about to post the same thing regarding Medium and Dark in your kit. You can hit almost every skin tone with just having those two in your kit.