Blot powder...

BabyFu18

I tried blot powder in a compact awhile back and it made me breakout with tiny little white heads on my forehead, so I stopped using it. I really want to try the loose blot powder cause I did love how the blot powder kept my skin from being so oily (anything that can last more than an hour on my oily skin is great). I was just wondering has anyone ever had a bad skin reaction with compact blot powder but a good reaction to loose blot powder?

Also is the loose blot powder not available in all shades?

martygreene

Blot powder loose is only available in medium, medium dark, dark, and deep dark in most countries. In asian countries it is also available in light.

galvanizer

I haven't had problems with either (pressed or loose Blot) but there is a chance that the ingredients in the pressed that help it form a 'cake' are the culprits to your reaction. You just might have better luck with the Blot loose (which is almost identical to the Pro Set loose... I have boxes to both and the first 15 or so ingredients are the same).
See if you can get a sample of the Blot Loose first though to try out. It is a really nice powder!

BabyFu18

Thanks for the info, I will try to get a sample. When I used the pressed blot powder I got it in light which was the right color for my skintone, if I get the loose blot powder in medium will it be way way to dark for me?

discopie

i absolutely LOVE blot powder. i have t-zone oiliness and blot powder banishes it like magic. it really does get rid of shine without leaving any trace of powder, plus it doesn't oxidize with wear. i'm NC30-35 and blot in medium-dark is perfect for me.

loci

My skin is acne -prone but I don;t have that problem, in fact I'm pretty ssatisfied with this product.
Are you sure its not the foundation's problem? because MAC's foundation does make me have breakouts.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Blot powder loose is only available in medium, medium dark, dark, and deep dark in most countries. In asian countries it is also available in light.

No, Light is also available in Canada, not just Asia. I've been using Light for years.

It's actually my favorite powder. I don't have an oily problem, but I love it in the summer when I'm more sweaty.

I think it's more sheer than the other pressed powders and I love that there really is no colour to it. The Light is very transparent, which is what I want.

spectrolite

I have the pressed and the loose blot powder and have never had any problems with breakouts or any other reaction after using either of them.

Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18
Thanks for the info, I will try to get a sample. When I used the pressed blot powder I got it in light which was the right color for my skintone, if I get the loose blot powder in medium will it be way way to dark for me?

I'm an NW20 and medium (I have the loose powder) is perfect for me
smiles.gif
it's quite transparant, so it doesn't add much of colour. I even used it when I had a tan and NW35 foundation, and it only made my skin a teeny bit lighter and it wasn't noticeable at all.