Blot Powder

Status
Not open for further replies.

macnoob85

I don't know if anyone has experienced this or if it has been addressed somewhere, but I went to my MAC counter at Nordstrom the other day to get blot powder (which has been a staple of mine for years) and the MA said they were all out. I just assumed that they were out of my color so I said oh well and went to macy's. When I got there, they said, oh, I don't think we have that, we haven't gotten a shipment in months. THEY MAY BE DISCONTINUING IT.
shockt.gif
I was in shock! Luckily, I got the very last blot powder, in the very last color, which was my color. But omg, are they really discontinuing it? Does anyone know, and does anyone care as much as I do? I can't live without that stuff!

glamourgirl216

it's funny u posted this, because at my counter we have been all out of blot powder too! i really doubt they would d/c such a popular product. i think like 4 customers came in asking for blot powder tonight, and they too mention they haven't been able to find it anywhere.

wifey806

i hope they are just upgrading it (the undertones). no matter which shade i buy, i feel like i need to retouch my blush afterward -- if not I look faded away, almost ashy..?

i've been touching up with select sheer/pressed, but i like the sheerness of blot. I need a hybrid of the 2!

m4dswine

Aren't they releasing something new next month which would replace blot powder? Prep and Prime finishing powder or something? I saw it in the colour collections section.

Not sure how I'd feel if they dc'd Blot Powder - its an essential item for me, but my skin has been so dry recently that it seems to be exacerbating that and making it look drier than it is. And making me look older lol!

The new powder sounds promising though.

MAC_Whore

I wouldn't say that the upcoming powder is necessarily replacing Blot Powder, as they are different enough in form and function.

I really doubt they are DCing Blot Powder. My guess is that they are having a supply issue, atm. I wouldn't panic quite yet, loves.

nunu

If they discontinue it i'm going to die! I get oily as hell and this is the only product that keeps the oils at bay!

lara

AFAIK Blot is long term OOS, not discontinued. It should be back within a month or so.

Curly1908

I thought they were just discontinuing the loose blot powder (i.e. making it a pro-only item). Hmm...

erine1881

we were OOS of them for the longest time, mostly medium. then just recently we've been getting flooded with shipments of it. don't worry, its not going anywhere.

duch3ss25

^^ Thanks so much! Just updated my inventory and I have only 1 backup of loose blot left so thinking it is going to be discontinued sent me on a frenzy lol. This is a staple for my extremely oily skin. Thanks so much for the info. What a big relief!

X4biddenxLustX

Thank goodness! I've really been wanting to try it whenever I get more money because I get so disgustingly greasy throughout the day, especially with summer coming up. Although the new Prep n Prime powder also sounds interesting. Will have to compare how the two look and wear on me before making a final decision.

DirtyPlum

This shit wins awards, theyd be crazy to let it go. Our stock levels have been fine and it continues to fly off the shelves. woop!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
If they discontinue it i'm going to die! I get oily as hell and this is the only product that keeps the oils at bay!

iagree.gif
Blot Powder
love.gif

BloopBloop

i doubt it. there was a crapload still available at my local mac store, and the MA was telling me about the product. Im sure she would have told me if they were going to dc it.

dromero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloopBloop
i doubt it. there was a crapload still available at my local mac store, and the MA was telling me about the product. Im sure she would have told me if they were going to dc it.

I see you are in NY. I have been trying to find this and no luck. Can you tell me which NY store you have seen them.
thank you
denise

lara

This product is not discontinued, merely OOS for a short period.

Call your local store to confirm that they have your shade in stock or buy from the MAC website in your country. Again, it is not discontinued and all stores should have full stock now or very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.