Blot Powder

SOLO x STAR

Hey guys. During the day, when I have my NC40 Studio Fix on, my skin starts to shine and starts to darken (oxidize). I was planning on buying the Blot Powder. Is it any good? I might buy the Medium/Dark or the Dark shade. Any suggestions?

Juneplum

i'm nc 45 or c6 depending on the time of year and i use the medium powder.. it works really well .. especially here in florida ....

SOLO x STAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
i'm nc 45 or c7 depending on the time of year and i use the medium powder.. it works really well .. especially here in florida ....

Thanks, hun! Do you apply yours with the puff it comes with or a brush? Personally, when I apply my Studio Fix, loose power, or blush I like using the 136 brush. It's goes on sheer and doesn't make my face 'heavy'.

Juneplum

u r welcome sweetie
greengrin.gif
i never use that god forsaken puff for studio fix either, for the same reasons u gave! for the blot powder since i only touch up my t-zone, i use the puff gently..
greengrin.gif

PnkCosmo

I love my Blot Powder!! It's def. a staple with me.

I use the puff that comes with it; but I put it back in upside down, so the puff is facing the mirror. I usually replace the puff at least twice before it's used up.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnkCosmo
I love my Blot Powder!! It's def. a staple with me.

I use the puff that comes with it; but I put it back in upside down, so the puff is facing the mirror. I usually replace the puff at least twice before it's used up.

ooohh!! clever girl! that's an AWESOME idea!!! THANKS! shall definitely start doing this! THANNNNKKSS!!!!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

SOLO x STAR

Yay! Thanks! If I use my 136 brush on the blot pwder, would it have the same application if I were to use the puff? I just hate the puff, lol.

Juneplum

hmmm.. i think just for blotting the oil away the puff works better for me.. if it were an all over application like studio fix or loose powder, then go with the 136.. just blotting... i use the puff... try both and see which u prefer... plus 4 me, there's no space in my handbag to carry the 136 with me all the time! lol!
greengrin.gif

joey_zane

I'm glad of this thread as I've been considering Blot Powder lately, I have been using blotting paper to get rid of shine of late, but the powder sounds like a must for the summer :p

Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
Weird my StudioFix holds a disc sponge and not a puff....

Oh no, I made a mistake. I didn't know that the sponge inside StudioFix was called a disc sponge. Would we be able to use a disc sponge for MAC Blot? I like the disc sponge because I can wash it.
greengrin.gif

Compact powder puff:
M860_261.jpg

Disc sponge:
M85Y_261.jpg

Sorry, one more question. Do NC20 and NC25 match light or would they match medium?

Alexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer
Sorry, one more question. Do NC20 and NC25 match light or would they match medium?

I would definitely get a medium. I'm NW15 and use the light and it's ALMOST too light for me!