Blotchy & red complexion - how to even it out?

_trimm_trabb

If there is already a thread similar to this one please point me in the direction of it and I will happily delete this one!

My skin is combination/oily leaning towards oily on my forehead & chin (where I tend to have breakouts) and dry on my cheeks. However, even when I'm not in the midst of a breakout, my skin is soooo splotchy! I have very fair skin with olive undertones, but unless I wear a green-tinted makeup base, I just look blotchy and sunburned (even though I wear SPF every single day). Are there any treatments or lotions out there that will even out my skin even a little?

Thank you so much!

rouquinne

i have the same problem and i simply use a yellow-tone liquid foundation and press it into my skin using my fingers NOT a brush or a sponge. (NC15 in winter, NC 20 in summer)

IPL treatments are good for working on diffuse redness in the skin.

chameleonmary

try to switch to products for sensitive skin, as blotchiness may indicate irritation to certain products. try a mineral makeup if you desire?

and obviously do the usual vitamins, water, good diet, sleep, exercise, sunblock etc.

ThiicknSeskii

I have alot of redness in my face too and im very pale (ALOT more then nc15). Maybe try a calming cleanser with calamine aloe vera chamomile... something along those lines. I personally loved the LUSH aquamarina. Mario Badescu azulene calming mask was also great for my redness it really sucked it out.

daisydeadpetals

What about trying Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizing cream? It's supposed to visibly reduce redness. I think they have one with SPF 15 too. I've never used this particular product so I don't know if it really works but I do like their products in general. It's worth a try!
smiles.gif

Love Always Ivy

what are you using currently on your skin? your redness and splotchyness might be a mild irritation to some of the ingredients in part of your current regimen. you should try to switch to products for sensitive skin for a while, like tbs's aloe line (fragrance free, oil free, alcohol free, noncomodogenic) or cetaphil. this will help to rule out whether the splotchyness is a reaction to something you are putting on your skin or just your skin itself (ie rosacea)

SerenityRaine

When you wash your face make sure you use cold water not hot. Check out the July issue of Elle - there is a whole section about rosacea and treatments.

mjalomo

I had severe redness due to rosacea. I bought MD Formulations anti-redness kit two weeks ago, and now have only a tiny pink (not red) patch. It costs about 60 dollars though. You can get it at Sephora. I am thinking of buying a back up because not even steroid creams helped. Don't give up, you will find something that will work for you eventually.

Latest posts