blowing out hair and keeping it straight

Love Always Ivy

im not very good with this department, since i have asian hair and dont really have this issue, but i recently started blowing out friend's hair as money on the side. i work at a spa/salon and see stylists blow out hair all day long, so i know HOW to blow out, but how to keep it like that, i havent quite mastered.

i did my friend's today: this is her hair before:
n16320083_34101472_8319.jpg

and this is after:
n512648902_549809_5937.jpg

now i blew it out mad nice and smooth, but the second she stepped out of the AC, it fluffed back up
ssad.gif
and hour and a half of work for nothing
ssad.gif

i was just wondering if anyone had any reccomendations for good products to prevent this from happening next time/next week when i blow her out again.

MeliBoss

My hair when it was long was a pain in the butt to keep straight. I worked at a salon as a receptionist for awhile and learned a lot of tricks. With super Curly frizzy hair the hotter the blow dryer the better, since I got a professional blow dryer its def. made a big difference. On a regular basis I just put a little bit of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum I before blow drying. Than once I'm done blow drying I spray my hair with Paul Mitchell Spray wax and flat iron. This usually does the trick for me. I try to avoid to many products my hair gets really really oily.
Hope that helps
smiles.gif

OohJeannie

shrugs.gif
I have curly hair just like your friends, but during the summer months with the high humidity and heat.. I've just given up on having straight hair.

The only thing I can think of that may help keep it from frizzing is: Use Infusium 23 Leave-In Treatment. And while you are blow drying make sure each part is wet (not too towel dried, if that makes sense lol), spritz with water if it is. When ur blow drying half dry hair it doesn't get as straight and make sure each section is completely dry before moving to the next. After, use a flat iron.

Hope this helps.
th_wiggle2.gif

M.A.C. head.

Biosilk or some regular ole palmade would probably help.

It works for me and I have the ultimate frizzy hair [I'm black LOL]

HeavenLeiBlu

Haha my daughter could have used this info this week. She had her first blowout on Wednesday and it's held up pretty well ( she's Black and Korean). We nor the stylist have added any product to it, she just washed and conditioned it and no products after that. We've just been wrapping/"dooby"-ing her hair and wrapping it in a silk scarf at night.

*stands by in this thread for additional suggestions*

OohJeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Haha my daughter could have used this info this week. She had her first blowout on Wednesday and it's held up pretty well ( she's Black and Korean). We nor the stylist have added any product to it, she just washed and conditioned it and no products after that. We've just been wrapping/"dooby"-ing her hair and wrapping it in a silk scarf at night.

*stands by in this thread for additional suggestions*

Yea...whenever my hair is straight I always do the doobee (is there really a way to spell this lol) with a silk scarf. Does two things for me: 1. keeps my hair straight n untangled 2. Prevents breakage - rubbing hair and a cotton pillow causes split ends and breakage
thmbdn.gif

Here's my hair curly and straight. LOL Im bored

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OohJeannie
Yea...whenever my hair is straight I always do the doobee (is there really a way to spell this lol) with a silk scarf. Does two things for me: 1. keeps my hair straight n untangled 2. Prevents breakage - rubbing hair and a cotton pillow causes split ends and breakage
thmbdn.gif

Your hair is dope! You know, people down here look at me SO crazy when I say "doobie/doobee/dooby" only las dominicanas or former tri-state transplants know what I'm talking about! It's so funny how just in this country, alone there's so much regional vernacular. It's hard to keep abreast of it all, forget about worldwide!, LOL

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OohJeannie
thmbdn.gif

Ohhhh my gosh you're so pretty! And I love your curls, but you look amazing with straight hair too.

Mizz.Yasmine

Humdity resistant products and a good hairspray!
smiles.gif
it will never ever stay straight naturally, esp. in the summer

also aways sleep on a satin pillowcase. it keeps ur head cool/hair smooth.