Blue Absinthe vs. Steamy

luckyme

Your right, I am sorry. THey are comparing the closeness of blue absinthe and parrot and then saying how close blue absinthe and steamy would be. I am not seing the similarity. I hope I am not making this more confusing.

iiifugaziii

Blue Absinthe is *like steamy, but it's not identical at all. It's really really pretty. Blue absinthe doesn't have as much green in it as steamy. Go to the counter and put both of them on your hand, you'll be able to see the difference.

PrettyKitty

And how is Blue Absynthe compared to Tease n Teal?

This is a Jude's pic:

Edit: Oops I didn't knew the pic was with ALL the swatches! Sorry! That's the last pic....

HolidayPalette.jpg

Larissa

I heard that Blue Absinthe is a cross b/w Parrot and Steamy....if I have both, do you think it's necessary for me to get Blue Absinthe??...I swatched it on my hand, and it DOES look like Steamy...but bluer...I'm not sure if I should get it or not...

TIA
smiles.gif

lola336

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
perhaps Im crazy- but I thought it looked more similar to Shimmermoss than Steamy...

yea the MA also told me it looks a lot like shimmermoss. I dont have that one though...has anyone done a blue absinthe comparison? i dont think ive seen one

Shawna

I compared blue absinthe, steamy, and shimmermoss today and they are all pretty similar. Blue absinthe has a slightly more blue tinge to it than the other two colours, so if you had them both, you could probably pass on BA.

thegirlgotsoul

I tested both Blue Absinthe and Shimmermoss on my hand, side by side and to me, they looked almost identical. So it was not worth it to me to buy Blue Absinthe, as I already have Shimmermoss.
ssad.gif

shygirl

Is it me or does it take quite a few swipes to get Blue Absinthe to show up? I played around with it last night and was feeling so-so about it.

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygirl
Is it me or does it take quite a few swipes to get Blue Absinthe to show up? I played around with it last night and was feeling so-so about it.

That's how it was on the back of my hand. Steamy and shimmermoss swiped so much nicer. I passed on blue absinthe because I have steamy and I wasn't too thrilled with the texture of blue absinthe.

pumpkincat210

Okay here is a comparison picture. I'm an NC 25..
From the left... Surreal, Blue Absinthe, Steamy, and Shimmermoss

Steamy and Surreal look almost identical to each other. Shimmermoss is very light. Blue Absinthe definately has more blue and less golden undertones than the others.