Blue Hair problem

Spam.n.Rice

A month ago, I bleached my hair and dyed it blue (it was w/ clairol's permanent blue dye) and now it faded to a greenish color. Is it possible to re-dye it without bleaching it? If so, are there any permanent blue dyes that work well? Thanks!

ruby_soho

I always used semi-permanent dyes (Manic Panic, Wild Color) when I dyed my hair blue because I never found any permanent ones. However I always (aside from once) rebleached my hair before dying it blue again or else it wasn't vibrant and stayed dark blue/greenish. I don't know if you dye you used also has lifting agents in it, if not then it won't show up (if I remember correctly you have naturally dark hair?) If you want to save your hair some damage you could try just bleaching your roots and then dying your whole head, but it wouldn't be as vibrant. That's my two cents. Post a picture!

annaleigh

i've only seen demi-permanent (a long-lasting semi-permanent) blue dyes. i agree w/ruby. the easiest thing would be to re-lighten your hair, then go blue again in a later, seperate step.

Spam.n.Rice

Well I didn't do my whole head blue...I did the underlayers on my left and right side. Hmmm....would it be better if I went and got it done at a salon to re-bleach it and all that? I think I'll try manic panic when I do it though. I would post a pic of how my hair looks right now but unfortunately my home computer has a virus and I have a time limit to use the school's computer. This is the only pic I could find since it's on my friend's photo album. It was taken about two weeks ago. It's not the best pic but it shows how vibrant it was but now it's green.

n32401078_30119811_5961.jpg