Blue Look for Woman of Color

Me220

Hi Ladies. I am really interested in seeing a dark blue look on women on color (I'm an NC42). I want to see a range of colors (both shades of blue and skin tone) as it would help me get ready for a wedding I'm going to.

And I know this is a reccomendation, but I really want to focus on seeing women of color in this color scheme. I appreciate your help.

Here is a photo of me if it'll help. I'm only wearing NARS Orgasm blush, Studied Brown e/s and Dressed b/g on my brows.

ETA: I forgot I had Pink Maribu l/s.

YvetteJeannine

Wow but are you gorgeous!!! You should have no trouble at all finding something to work with your skintone.

I don't have a lot of suggestions, but why don't you try MAC's Deep Truth? It is a verrryyy pretty deep blue...it can take on an Indigo appearance....Maybe MAC's Azreal Blue would also work for you...

I jus' LOVE your skintone..it is light (for a dark toned woman), but so rich and beautiful!

Indigowaters

100_0851.JPG

This was Zonk Bleu!, Felt Blue and Gorgeous Gold

newblue3.jpg

This was Freshwater, Mulch and Samoa Silk or Silk Samoa (?)

ebonyannette

I.W. I love Freshwater on you.

Yes I would recommend Sea Me s/s, Freshwater on the lid, Contrast in the crease, Moons Reflection inner corner. That makes a really pretty blue eye.
Also if you want to mix it up I love Pompous Blue, Teal Pigment, Storm Blue Pigment is gorgeus, Electric Eel, and of course Blue Pigment are other options you can mix and match.
Good Luck!

aziza

Hi Me220! Glad to see you! I've only done a blue look once because I didn't really know how it would work out with my skin tone. I believed that I used Milani Atlantis and NYX Ocean...I also used a little bit of Milani's Garden Mist e/s (it's a greenish color.) These pics were taken with my old camera so I wasn't able to get any good closeups. I'm an NW45 for reference.

collage1.jpg

Sanne

I love freshwater, or maybe blue pigment!!!! I used it on my cousin too, she's a nc45, and it looked amazing!!!

here's a pic I made a year ago with my cousin. I used parrot and freshwater.

Me220

Thanks to all you ladies. Your photos are a major inspiration. I couldn't get any pictures, but I ended up using Azrael Blue pigment (inner third), Naval Blue pigment (rest of lid), ovre UDPP and Sea Me s/s. It worked very well, but I want to keep seeing pics. I love seeing the different shades, shapes and color choices. Thanks again.

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumtingSweet
Hi Me220! Glad to see you! I've only done a blue look once because I didn't really know how it would work out with my skin tone. I believed that I used Milani Atlantis and NYX Ocean...I also used a little bit of Milani's Garden Mist e/s (it's a greenish color.) These pics were taken with my old camera so I wasn't able to get any good closeups. I'm an NW45 for reference.

collage1.jpg

Stunning.... i just love ur fotds...... the contrast of the colors against ur eyes looks amazing.. "Post more" and Please do a tut!!!!
smiles.gif

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperRealGurl
Stunning.... i just love ur fotds...... the contrast of the colors against ur eyes looks amazing.. "Post more" and Please do a tut!!!!
smiles.gif

Girl, that is an honor coming from you!!! You always apply your makeup so flawlesssly
smiles.gif
I'll see if I can recreate it..I only did it once but I do love the color combo.
clap.gif

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Girl, that is an honor coming from you!!! You always apply your makeup so flawlesssly
smiles.gif
I'll see if I can recreate it..I only did it once but I do love the color combo.
clap.gif

brightblue.jpg

I can't remember what all that is but I know it's Sea Me sh/st, Aquadisiac, Perhaps Steamy?
DSCF1305.jpg

Probably the same, with Blu-Noir in the outer-v
DSCF1094.jpg

Azreal Blue and others....

Most of those are old, like June/July so I can't remember what they all include. But waternymph, steamy, blu-noir, plumage, deep truth, pompous blue etc all look really good on darker skintones. And fot the record i'm MAC NW45/NARS Jamaica.

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
smiles.gif
clap.gif

i think ur doing really well........ even posting makeovers and stuff.. ive been looking at ur post and im very impressed... ur very versitile working with different skintones... if u cant recreate that paticular look..... get inspired with a new one and do a tut on that
smiles.gif
YIPPY i cant WAit
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

nicemeka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me220
Hi Ladies. I am really interested in seeing a dark blue look on women on color (I'm an NC42). I want to see a range of colors (both shades of blue and skin tone) as it would help me get ready for a wedding I'm going to.

And I know this is a reccomendation, but I really want to focus on seeing women of color in this color scheme. I appreciate your help.

Here is a photo of me if it'll help. I'm only wearing NARS Orgasm blush, Studied Brown e/s and Dressed b/g on my brows.

ETA: I forgot I had Pink Maribu l/s.

Here is what I have with blue eyeshadow. It's Electric Eel with cream.

faifai

Me220, I posted a tutorial for you on a dark blue look. Hope you will find it useful.
smiles.gif

lavnder

Quote:

collage1.jpg

Gorgeous!
clap.gif
I love the color contrast with your skin tone!

sunsational

Quote:
smiles.gif
clap.gif

this is gorgeous.
clap.gif

MAC_Whore

Lovely pics, ladies! Indigo, that Freshwater really pops on you. SumtingSweet, lovely look and a great smile. MACPixie that is some awesome blending, hon.

A trick that I have sometimes used on clients (as I am a pasty, pale NW25
smiles.gif
). If you try a blue that you feel is too bright, do a wash of Soba or Cork over it. It will tone it down a bit. It also looks nice if you just use a blue up to the crease, then blend the crease out with Soba or Cork. Have fun!
smiles.gif