Blue Smokey Eye, and a makeup question

This is my first time doing a smokey eye in a really long time. I have a huge issue with getting them to look good with my eyes both closed and opened. I got it to look good open but when my eyes are closed it looks kinda silly.

4563857306_b7d89a1627_m.jpg

when my eyes are partially closed they still look good

4563857078_cec0c6c4a5_m.jpg

im mid blink, not on drugs i promise

The problem is that when my eyes are close the shape looks kinda silly, and you can see the veins and reddness above the shadow. But since my eyes has somewhere between hooded and deep set i feel like putting shadow up that high looks silly. So basicly how can i make the shape more normal and cover the red without looking like a clown

4563225089_e39be6f89a_m.jpg

And what i used:
MUFE 72 and 4
Clinique peacock
Smash box white creme highlighter

PF bronzer to contour
Illamasqua blush in lover
Tarte creme blush in a peach color
Shu Uemera planet cat highlighter

Chanel Lip Stick (the one with the spring loaded cap in a warm nude)
Clinique lipgloss

CC please!

Didididums

Hi
smiles.gif
I'd say, use a concealer all over the lid before you apply anything else and above to cover the redness, plus it will help your shaddow look more consistant and it blends nicer for me.
I have quite deep set eyes and found it really trick at first to find a shape that suited both open and closed. I would say try pulling the shaddow up just enough that that when your eye is fully open, the colour just pops up about your lashes and follow that open eye shape (I hope you get what I mean)
OH I found this...
http://www.thebeautyreview.com.au/20.../eyes_lots.gif
The deep set eyes diagram kinda shows what I mean.. it just follows the crease shape..

Hope this helped
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Use a good primer/base to cover the redness. If you pull the shadow just above your crease, it will pull your eyes up. Also "winging" your shadow (i.e. making it wing out and up a bit at the corner) will pull your eyes up a bit.

HTH!