blush and eyeliner color q's

mandirigma

These might be dumb questions but...

1. What's the effect of using brown eyeliner as opposed to black eyeliner?

and

2. For those of you who have multiple blushes, how do you decide what blush to wear when? I guess my real question is, since I have pink-toned blushes and coral-toned blushes are there blushes appropriate only for certain eyeshadow colors or looks?

Kind of related, I just picked up some Flirt! blushes at Kohl's to try on... they're fantastic! Heartthrob looks much like NARS Orgasm except it's more pigmented (which is better for me since Orgasm never showed up on my face). Can't wait to try out more!

Rowan

Brown eyeliner gives a softer look than black.

If I want a cool scheme, then I pull out a pink or plum blush. If I want a warm scheme, then peach, coral, or bronze. When the eyes, cheeks, & lips are similar in tone then the look is supposed to look more pulled together & natural. However, I don't there is a hard & fast rule b/c I have seen people use a warm-leaning blush w/cool eyes & lips & vice versa. I think it depends on your skin tone & the particular tones of the blush compared to your e/s & lipstick or gloss. Just experiment & see what works for you. I hope I answered your question here.

That's cool about the Flirt! blush. We're getting a Kohl's here soon, & I can't wait to check out the Flirt! line. I'll be sure to check out that blush when I do.

mandirigma

oh cool, thanks for the tip. i'm getting confused with my blushes and i never really knew why a certain blush just didn't look right with a certain look, you know? but your advice helps.

also, definitely check out the blushes once kohl's opens up! i have a couple of eyeshadows and wasn't too impressed but they might have just been duds. the blushes are amazing though!