Blush for red lipstick? (NW13)

Erinaceina

Hey guys,

My dad's getting married next month and I've decided that I'm going to wear red lipstick, almost certainly Ruby Woo as I have to give a speech (eek!) and don't want to wear a lipstick that will end up smearing as I babble nervously.

I've found in the past that I'm just too pale to wear red lipstick without blush. My usual go-to blush with red lipstick has been Blushbaby. I might still end up wearing this, but I'm also looking for alternatives. I did NARS Luster for this purpose, but, while I loved it as a blush, I didn't feel it worked well with cool-toned reds on my skin. I'd probably wear it with peaches and warm-toned brights like Impassioned, but something about it just looked off with reds.

So, basically I'm looking for a blush which would work well on pale skin with lipsticks like Ruby Woo. Recommendations from any brand would be fantastic, although I'm unlikely to be able to afford anything very high end (Tom Ford, for example). My dad's getting married in Australia, so I'm also trying to buy some warm weather makeup/makeup for 'no makeup' days, so I'm already looking at spending an insane amount of makeup this month. MAC's pretty, pretty collections aren't helping, either. ;)

Thanks.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Maybe instead of blush, you could do some contouring? MAC Taupe blush, NYX Taupe blush, Illamasqua Hollow (cream pigment). (Illamasqua had a couple powder blushes that looked great for contouring -- Rebel and another one that I can't remember the name of -- but they're both discontinued.)