Blush from Running - Natural flush

yuuri

Hi all!

I've recently been reading a lot of stuff about blushers. There are a lot of tips on sites/blogs that help with picking the right color for your skin tone.

I read that the recommended blush colors for yellow undertones are warm colors - corals, peaches etc. But I'm curious as to what happens if you pick cooler blushers for your yellow undertones?

I want to get a natural-flush colored blush, so I tried the tip where you look at the color of your cheeks after you go for a run. It turned out pinkish, like blue-y/lavender/cool pink? I'm not sure how to describe the color but i know for certain that it was on the pink side and I need a blusher for that shade. So now I'm all confused because all the info I've gotten tells me that I have yellow undertones (being oriental Asian) and that i should pick warm colors, BUT my cheeks are glowing pink.

I've actually gotten some peachy blush, and when applied onto my skin, it turns out a bit pink-ish. Is that suppose to happen to all blushers or is it just that i picked up some crappy ones? I'm confused as to what will happen if I pick up a blush that is true pink on the pan, will it turn peachy when applied? like how it's pink, and i mix it with the yellow on my skin to make it peach? Is everything makeup suppose to be opposites? like the whole NC and NW thing?
th_dunno.gif

Oh, and I'm a NC25(I think - Don't have a MAC where i live
thmbdn.gif
)

Any help will be much appreciated, Thanks!

Simply Elegant

I think you should forget about all that and just ask an MA to apply a blush you'e interested in and if you like it, you know what suits you.

gildedangel

Yes, forget all of those "rules". The rules say that I should wear cool-toned blushes, but they make me look sickly. Just pick colors that you like and that you feel suit you.

yuuri

Thanks for all your replies! You guys are right, I shouldn't follow the rules and should just pick whichever color I want to wear.

I've finally figured it out, the color that i'm looking for is a mauvey-pink, Cargo's Tonga is looking good. Now all i have to do is find that shade. Thanks all!

iluvmac
: I'll look into it.. Thanks for the rec!