Blush in pictures disappearing?

soulstar

Is it just me or does your blush fade in pictures?

I've tried to apply it really well and make sure that in person my blush is vibrant and glowy. But, in a digital camera picture it fades out and doesn't look as vibrant, if any vibrance at all! Flashes wash out my whole face because I'm fair skinned but alot of people with my skin color can show it off!
th_dunno.gif

Any tips on making your brush show up in pics? Please help.
cutey.gif

Winterwhite

hello,

it might be that the flashlight "eats up" some of the pink-tones - which colour is your blush? I remember to have used Syrup lipstick for one picture (it is a light mauve-grey-pink) and in the photo it looked like a perfect nude lipstick or no lipstick at all with a little gloss, so also here were the pink tones taken out of the photo.
You could experiment with either darker colours or those which have more red/brown (just lightly) in case you don´t use them already. Maybe try to photograph yourself with a digital camera and different kinds of colours, so you´ll figure out the differences.

But after all I guess it´s just a rule that unless you use much more and brighter colours, they always will fade a bit in photos; but then the make-up might look overdone in real life. I don´t think there is really a perfect solution, either the make-up will look great for pictures, or it will look great in real life, but something that fits both is really tricky.

The only thing that might be working and not be too much for those standing next to you
winks.gif
is using colours with less pink. Of course I noticed that make-up shows up on the FOTD-pics and it is usually prepared for real life situations, but there it is photographed differently, often much closer and with very good light.

pumpkincat210

I tape a piece of paper towel over the flash so it doesn't wash out the color, you can also use a coffee filter.
My aunt is a professional photographer and makeup artist. She put so much makeup on me when she did my senior pictures I could not wear it out of the house! However the pictures came out great and i did not look overdone at all.