blush/lipstick help

s0damnbeautiful

Hi everyone
smiles.gif

I have reached the point that I have so many "new" eye colors that I don't even know what to wear anymore (haha, it's like my wallet being too small for my 50s or my diamond shoes being too tight lol). At first my sister suggest that I stop buying for awhile (eek!) and when I had a small panic attack about that, she suggested I move on to other things, like lipsticks & blushes and what not.

So I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite lipsticks are ... I prefer not to go too terribly bright with lipsticks (although I would lol) because I always have really bright eyes.

And as for blush/face make up ... I don't have a clue. I've never worn anything but powder on my face. I don't know what my skintone is (I see you guys using the nc20 or something along those lines) ... I'm pale, with some freckles, skin that burns doesn't tan, and so far I haven't found an eyeshadow color that doesn't work with me (ugh, I don't mean that in a cocky way, just that my skin seems to match everything) ... I definately look best in blues/greens/purples/pinks, but lately I've been wearing yellows & oranges too and getting a lot of compliments on that.

So please ... tell me about blush. Is cream or powder better? What would be a good "first" for me to get so I can learn how to use it? Please help me buy more MAC haha.

Thanks guys!!

freaksinunif0rm

I prefer using powder blushes. It blends easier, in my opinion.

As for lipsticks, Russian Red is my favorite (MAC l/s, I really like Revlon more...much creamier to apply). I tend to wear bold colors, so yeah :].

Backseat_betty

Some great blush shades to start out with would be MAC Pink swoon, Well dressed, Style, and peaches. I also am in love with Nars Desire, but Gina and Sin are nice also...
As for lipsticks you could go with light colors (not to contrast with your eyes) like MAC Angel, Blankety, Viva glam VI, or Slimshine in Funshine, Bare, or Scant...

claresauntie

For lips, start by playing with the Viva Glam lip colors. They're all fairly neutral (good for cool or warm skins) and a nice range from nude-y colors up to a great red.

For blushes, it depends on what effect you want. I like a cream blush for a soft look. A powder can be built up a bit more, but you can also achieve a soft look with a light hand.

Remember, you want focus on eyes or on the lips or on the cheeks- not two or three of those (unless you're going for an 80s look!).

Sounds like you're pretty neutral in color, if you can carry off the warm and cool colors, so you can really consider the MAC counter your playground!

mac-me-up

hug me is a great light, neutral lipstick; can be used alone, with (love nectar) lipglass over it, with a pink liner to make it more pink or a neutral liner to go for a more beige color. hug me has become my go to lipstick.

s0damnbeautiful

Awesome!! Thanks for the suggestions! I will print this out and go play
smiles.gif

And yes, claresauntie, I definately don't want to go too bright with lipstick or blush as long as my eyes are done up. But I would be interested in learning more about it since I don't know anything
smiles.gif
And the only lipstick I have is the Viva Glam Red (don't know what it's called) so I tend to not wear anything but lip gloss... I can't wait to go try out lipsticks!

Thanks again!! You people are great!