Blush recs

Pink Lady

So I'm basically a blush virgin being that I've never worn it in my life. I see how some of you lovely ladies here on specktra n elesewhere use it and how beautiful it looks. I like how some use it (or bronzer?) to contour their faces and to give their look a little extra something. SO this has led me to want to try it. I'm an NC40 so if you have any recs on shades or specifics I would really appreciate it. Also on the proper application technique and brush. I would hate to do it wrong and have it look horribly on me...

TYIA!

n_c

Im also a "blush virgin"...lol the only one I have is Sunbasque, it is a beautiful color, Im also an nc40, and I use it with MAC's 129 brush. Sorry I cant help with an explanation on how to apply it
smiles.gif
, but many ladies here should be able to help you out.

Bootyliciousx

Mac Dollymix the color flatters all. The color looks really dark in the pan, but its really not that way.

Rimmel Sanat Rose is a good peach blush and Milani Luminous is a nice light peach shade.

eowyn797

I second the Milani Luminous suggestion. i also really like Peachykeen, which also doesn't go on half as dark as it looks in the pot.

the one i use for everyday application is usually Rimmel's Apricot blush, but then i am an NW20 and don't know how well any of these colors would work for you...the Milani and Rimmel ones are way cheap tho, if you wanted to try them out.

User67

I think Blushbaby is the perfect blush to start out with, it's gives a really natural flush that flatters most skintones & it's sheer, so you can build it up & never worry about putting too much on.

Pink Lady

You have all been very helpful. I shall try to go purchase one or two of the shades suggested and hopefully it'll work out for me lol. I like the idea of a sheer buildable blush since I don't want to add too much on my first attempt. Thanks!

MarniMac

I always think its a good plan to try before you buy, so you might want to think about popping over to a counter to look at them first. When I was a blush virgin, I had an MA put peachykeen on me, and I was completely sold...its my HG blush shade. Beyond that...if you can't or don't want to try on...I second dollymix and blushbaby. If you want to check out a cream blush...I really like sweet william and have heard great things about Cherche and uncommon. Good luck...happy blushing!

kimmy

if you can, get a pot of MAC Desirous blush, it looks really dark in the pan but you can apply it with a light hand to get a really sheer look or a little heavier application to get a darker, more coral-ish look
smiles.gif

i usually make a fishy face and apply a dark blush and/or bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks with a big fluffy angled brush (like the MAC 168) and then add a lighter blush and/or luminizer on the apples with a big round fluff brush (like the MAC 150 or 182) HTH!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
I think Blushbaby is the perfect blush to start out with, it's gives a really natural flush that flatters most skintones & it's sheer, so you can build it up & never worry about putting too much on.

I like blushbaby too, not sure how it would look on a darker person.

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootyliciousx
Mac Dollymix the color flatters all. The color looks really dark in the pan, but its really not that way.

She's right
winks.gif

Pink Lady

Thank you all. I had been very busy and hadn't logged back on. I bought dollymix and I absolutely love it
eyelove.gif
. The MA also suggested Gingersoft and I purchased that as well. I'll be going back for more blushes.