Blush that blends well?

mariecinder

I've collected a few MAC blushes lately but to me it seems like they don't blend very well on my skin. Can I get some recommendations for a soft (as in texture, not color) powder blush that blends well? Preferably with a bit shimmer.

Anything drugstore, Macy's, or Sephora would be wonderful. Thanks!

Fairybelle

Take a look at the MAC Sheertone blushes. IMHO they blend beautifully since they are buildable color.

mariecinder

Actually all the blushes I have from MAC are Sheertone or Sheertone Shimmer except for maybe one or two. They just don't seem to be working for me...

Thanks though!

jdepp_84

Have you tried Cargo? Ive got almost all of them! they are seriously my fav
smiles.gif
Also, maybe the brush or the technique your using might make it a bit difficult to blend.

Temptasia

Dust loose, oil absorbing powder on your cheeks before applying your blush. I like Make Up For Ever's Loose Mat Powder. This will help the color blend better.

mariecinder

Thanks for the ideas ladies! Right now I'm using MAC's 129 for my blush. Sometimes the 187. Which brush do you ladies suggest?

lethaldesign

I have problems with the Sheertone Shimmers adhering to my cheeks as well. The regular Sheertones, though, work great for me. I like to buff it into my cheeks with a soft kabuki brush, like the Too Faced Retractable kabuki. You just need a dab of blush & then buff softly onto the apples.

MisaMayah

What's your skin like? (dry/oily etc..) I dont have problems with any of my MAC blushers. I use the 187 which I love love =) Dab it on the blush a few times to get some product on the bristles and use the same motion to apply on your cheeks, gently build up the colour then buff it to blend in circular motions. HTH!

pumpkincat210

I must say that the 187 or 188 brush from mac and nars blushes are a dream when combined. I thought mac blushes were good, then i tried nars and was really blown away. They blend so well and are very buildable, but with a light hand. I know they are expensive but worth every cent.

miss_supra

Sheertones only blend well on me when I have a powder on my face. Such as studio fix, pressed powder, etc.

The easiest type pf blush I have come across that blends well are the satins. Soemtimes you need a lighter hand because you can get color quickly. I use a 187 to apply it, or if I use an angled blush brush I use it to buff out the edges to blend.

mariecinder

Thanks everyone!

I've tried using there different brushes you've all suggested, maybe I just need to work on my technique a little bit. I will definitely try all your suggestions!

I have two NARS blushes, Orgasm, and Angelikca (sp?). I used to use Orgasm everyday and I think I need to bring them out again.

trangB

I've been using MAC 129 brush for a year now for applying blush and I haven't had any problem with it. I do recommend that you try some Cargo blushes. They're amazing! Montebello, The big easy and Louisiana are my favorites so far. I agree with other posters about dusting some loose powder on your cheek before applying blush ( I use Mac blot powder loose). It will make the blending so much easier. HTH

Latest posts