Blusher Advice?

Vixstar

Good afternoon ladies and gents!

I'm in no way new to make up, and often play with different looks and love playing with make up. After all, that's why we poor addicted fools are here...

One thing, however, that I've struggled with is any kind of blusher. Can you offer me some help/tips/recommendations/amusing stories? It would be much appreciated! Thank you :)

About my face:

• I'm pretty pale - NC15 or NC05 depending on season, with a pinkish skin tone (though a mix of pink and gold as opposed to 'English Rose').
  • I currently have black hair (it's a bit variable, and naturally blonde)
  • I'm mostly goth-ish. Dramatic looks are fine with me, but the last MAC artist made me look too clown-like even for me.
  • My skin is very dry - it drinks moisturiser to no avail!
  • My pores are roughly the size of lunar craters!

If you can recommend any blushes to try on dry skin (I rarely use foundation but use Studio Sculpt and/or Studio Tech when I do), I'd be more than happy to experiment. Hell, I'll do product reviews and a tut if I can get one to work for me. The last one I tried was blushcreme - that ended up with my huge pores drinking it so I looked like I was covered in pink freckles - comedy!

Thanks again everyone and have a great weekend :)

LMD84

well if the cream blushers don't work so well for you maybe stick to the powder ones. if you go for a sheertone finish it means that the colour is reasonably sheer but buildable. perhaps you could start with dollymix which is a lovely pink colour. i am nc20 to pretty fair skinned too and this doesn't look to much on me. i also like peaches and golds like sunbasque. again you can build these colours up. then to stop the dryness you can spray a lwyer of fix+ over your face. this is what i do to take any dryness away when i have patchy cheeks.