Blushes, help!

Whitney6195

I was depotting my blushes that are in pot form just a few minutes ago, and I put them into my Z palette. The first one I depotted was Springsheen, and it seemed to have a metal pan because it stuck to my z palette. I then depotted Fleur Power, and it didnt stick to the palette, like all my mac e/s that I depot. These are the first mac blushes I've depotted..so I'm not real sure why one would have a metal pan and the other doesnt? Should that be a warning sign to me that one might not be authentic?

redambition

I just went and checked my depotted and pro pan blushes and a selection of eye shadows in a flat magnet palette (using the edge of the pan to determine if the pan is sticking, sometimes removing the magnet I'd put on.)

My blush pans stick without a magnet. My Sculpt and Shape powders (bought as pro pan) do not.

None of the MAC eyeshadow pans I tested stick without a magnet - depotted or pro pan.

Magnets only attract iron - not all metals. If MAC used a different metal or alloy for a batch of pans and that didn't include iron - then they wouldn't stick to a magnet.

It's impossible to tell as the fact that my Sculpt and Shape powders don't stick to a magnet is proof that the pans are not uniform across the range - and it may mean that MAC changed the pans as they are the most recent things I added to my palette. (I have an undepotted brand new blush... but no palette space for it yet, so I can't test the pan!)

Just out of curiousity, what are the two batch numbers of your blushes? It may be that the pans have been been changed...