Body hair and sweat. YAYAYAY. no.

Johnny Wal

ok so im a naturally hairy person (thanks daddy-o).
and of course, i hate it
(i feel like i should mention im male, to anyone not aware)
and i used to shave my entire body before (Well not like, my head or eyebrows. lol) but then i got lazy and only did it for like, special events. lmao

and so i hate it becuase shaving is a pain, and it grows back so quickly and all that.

ive been looking into an epilator for a little bit,
i know they are supposedly the devil when it comes to pain, but i must say i have a pretttty high pain tolerance.

but does anyone here use one? or have any recomendations for one?
ive also used hair removal cream like veet or nair, but its messy and smelllls

ALSO.
i sweat, a lot.
a lot a lot.
and i hate it (well duh). and ive used that certain dri stuff,
and it worked at first, then it kind of stopped working and just hurting
any tips on that?

thanks a bunch!

faifai

Well, Certain Dri has been the only thing that would help with my extreme sweatiness (like it could be 40 degrees out and I would still be sweating). I found that if I don't follow the usage instructions exactly then it will start hurting and itching and generally being way too unpleasant to deal with.

But, just be sure you're doing it the right way:

- if you shave your armpits, apply Certain Dri at night (on hairy pits) and wait until the morning to shave. that gives it enough time for the hair to grow back enough that it doesn't irritate the skin. if you shave too soon before applying it will literally burn your skin chemically when you apply it.
- don't apply right after showering. wait several hours (like, 8 or more) so your pores go back to normal. if you apply too soon after showering it will burn like holy hellfire.
- make sure you're applying it to clean skin (free of other deodorants). hairy is fine but if there is deodorant residue it won't work properly.
- let it dry entirely when you apply and refrain from scratching if it starts to itch.
- be diligent in your use. if you use it every night as directed, it should greatly cut down on the sweating. if you use it one time then forget for a week, it won't work as well.

cocolette

ooooooooooo dont!
Why do you hate having body hair?
If you sweat a lot, in some way having body hair will help, as long as its clean.
My ex i had the same problem, he just took wipes with him and would jsut make sure he was fresh ans had deodorants on him (ones with non-harsh chemicals in)
Hope this helps
coco xx

Kuuipo

I shave my whole body as a form of exfoliation. I use a shower brush and a puff twice a day,and I shave once a day. I have really soft,smooth skin.

I shave my face weekly. I do this because it is also an exfoliant,and even though I use a chemical exfolliant and a wash cloth (dry),a fresh razor does a fab job. I brought a friend to get a face peel and they shaved her face before applying the product. It made a lot of sense. I have been doing this for 25 years,I have smooth skin,so I plan to keep on shaving!

SparklingWaves

I love man hair. In another culture, the hair on the chest is called the "carpet of love".
graucho.gif

kimmy

i don't know what to advise as far as getting rid of body hair, but if you're having a problem with excessive persperation, i suggest you see your physician and ask him or her what to do about it...they might be able to prescribe you something else to deal with it.
smiles.gif

mena22787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
I shave my whole body as a form of exfoliation. I use a shower brush and a puff twice a day,and I shave once a day. I have really soft,smooth skin.

I shave my face weekly. I do this because it is also an exfoliant,and even though I use a chemical exfolliant and a wash cloth (dry),a fresh razor does a fab job. I brought a friend to get a face peel and they shaved her face before applying the product. It made a lot of sense. I have been doing this for 25 years,I have smooth skin,so I plan to keep on shaving!

i finally decided to do something about my overly hairy arms
blush-anim-cl.gif
so i shave them! does the hair on your body grow back thicker/darker tho? esp on you face, cuz i've been considering shaving my face, but i'm too afraid to. that or bleaching it, but again, i'm afraid to...:confused:

Evey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mena22787
i finally decided to do something about my overly hairy arms
blush-anim-cl.gif
so i shave them! does the hair on your body grow back thicker/darker tho? esp on you face, cuz i've been considering shaving my face, but i'm too afraid to. that or bleaching it, but again, i'm afraid to...:confused:

Don't shave your face....I use the sally hensen facial hair bleach and it works really well. I've been using it since I was 14 ( i'm 22 now) never had a problem. And yeah, I shave my arms too. I have to shave them every day because my hair grows back really fast.

n_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey
Don't shave your face....I use the sally hensen facial hair bleach and it works really well. I've been using it since I was 14 ( i'm 22 now) never had a problem. And yeah, I shave my arms too. I have to shave them every day because my hair grows back really fast.

Do you use the bleach all over your face?

Evey

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
Do you use the bleach all over your face?

No just on the places where the hair tends to be darker
winks.gif

mena22787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey

and the bleach only bleaches the hair right? so your skin doesn't get bleached too?

j_absinthe

I symphatize. I'm part Sicilian, so I've got alot of body hair going on (not freakishly so.) When I was in high school and college, I used to shave myself entirely (sometimes even including the brows.) It's time consuming through, and there are times where I go all dirty, hairy hippie and look like a member of Spaun Ranch for months on end, followed by a few months of smooth sveletness.

I kind of like having the option though of whether or not to be hairy, I just hate the in-between period of time waiting for hair to grow back-I'm impatient.

aeni

Botox is not just for the face. People get the shots in their armpits so they won't sweat!

SparklingWaves

How about using clippers with a guard on it and trim down all over. You will not have that painful stubble. It will keep you looking really groomed too. If you hair on your back, I would get that waxed off. The hair will not come back as thick. I still wouldn't shave off that chest hair though. Unless, you really have too. Trim it down with clippers. (Okay, I admit it again. I am biased about chest hair).

frances92307

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I love man hair. In another culture, the hair on the chest is called the "carpet of love".
graucho.gif

LOOOL that is too funny!!
th_LMAO.gif
I'll tell my fuzzy DH that!

Regarding sweatiness.....well I'm a female who has hyperhydrosis, and only doctors can really help with that. I sweat like a man, and I've had my share of embarrasing moments. So I understand. I ALWAYS have pit stains...even in winter. When I work out I look like I jumped in a pool! Anywho Drs can only help with the sweat glands on underarms and the hands and feet. Since I sweat EVERYWHERE, I've just learned to accept it. I just say that you're guaranteed hot sweaty sex.

jenii

YOU TOO, huh?!? I'm a girl, but my dad's Turkish, so I'm a hairy girl.
winks.gif

It's not a huge problem except for my face. Know what I wanna get, that I think you might wanna look into? Laser hair removal. I hear it's awesome, and I definitely want something permanent. It's mainly my cheeks, upper lip, and in between my brows. I'm SO sick of depilatory cream, waxing, tweezing... Ugh.

As for deodorant... Are you averse to using women's deodorant? The deodorant that works best for me is Secret Platinum Protection. I swear by that stuff. The tropical scent is my fave.

If you want guy's deodorant, my twin brother uses Axe's anti-perspirant, and it works well for him.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by frances92307
LOOOL that is too funny!!
th_LMAO.gif
I'll tell my fuzzy DH that!

Thank you.

If a guy has no hair naturally, that's okay. If he does have hair, that's okay too. :yes: I think men are beautiful.
yahoo.gif

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by faifai
Well, Certain Dri has been the only thing that would help with my extreme sweatiness (like it could be 40 degrees out and I would still be sweating). I found that if I don't follow the usage instructions exactly then it will start hurting and itching and generally being way too unpleasant to deal with.

But, just be sure you're doing it the right way:

- if you shave your armpits, apply Certain Dri at night (on hairy pits) and wait until the morning to shave. that gives it enough time for the hair to grow back enough that it doesn't irritate the skin. if you shave too soon before applying it will literally burn your skin chemically when you apply it.
- don't apply right after showering. wait several hours (like, 8 or more) so your pores go back to normal. if you apply too soon after showering it will burn like holy hellfire.
- make sure you're applying it to clean skin (free of other deodorants). hairy is fine but if there is deodorant residue it won't work properly.
- let it dry entirely when you apply and refrain from scratching if it starts to itch.
- be diligent in your use. if you use it every night as directed, it should greatly cut down on the sweating. if you use it one time then forget for a week, it won't work as well.

I agree you must follow the directions exactly.

Also a derm can perscribe some topical agents that work just as well.

AS for the hair, how about a full body wax?