Body Scrub

dreamer246

Hello! Would like recs for a good body scrub as I'm currently having dry flaking skin. Also, how do I use it, and how frequently should I exfoliate? I'm a total noob, so please elaborate.
greengrin.gif

lulabelle

I buy a small tub of honey from bulkbarn and add in some coarse sugar/salt (the bigger grains) and add more sugar than salt.

et voila! the honey is hydrating and salt/sugar is a great physical exfoliator (don't worry it rinses clean).

I also set aside some of the honey in a smaller tubberware jar (no sugar/salt) and use that on my face in the shower.

if the honey begins to harden/crystalize simply submerge the container hot water and you're good to go (I've also found the crystals (?sp) to be good exfoliators).

HTH

Corvs Queen

Just wanted to add that the tub will last a good while. It's huge and you don't really need a lot of the scrub to begin with. The glycolic acid in the scrub is great at getting out ingrown hairs and dead skin that physical exfoliation can't.

Septemba

I use a body brush and dry brush before baths and showers, The Body Shop sell one, I think it is a cactus brush. It's supposed to be good for cellulite/lymph drainage and so on but I've just started doing it.
smiles.gif

Latest posts