Boob Nazis, Bottle feeders, and discretionary tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

lipstickandhate

tsukiyomi-

I seriously dislike militant " I am Mommy! I WILL BREASTFEED HEAR ME ROAR!" types. That's great you're a mom, glad it makes you happy, and I hope that you are making what you feel are the best decisions for you and your child

That said, I and others on the board are still allowed to have opinions on your decisions, including when we find them offensive or odd. Additionally, we are not obligated to worship you as a superior all-knowing mother goddess just b/c you had a kid. That was your decision and I certainly do not wish your child harm. So perhaps we should cool it on the " I AM a mother and I WILL feed MY child REGARDLESS of YOUR comfort level," stuff because really, we all have to put up with each other and believe it or not, I'm sure many people do not say what they want or do what they want out of respect for YOUR comfort level as a mother. You're just as judgmental about the actions/opinions of others as we are about yours.

I'm not a mother. I don't want to be one. You are and you did and you love it, great. But please, don't try to belittle my non-breeder opinions-- or those of other mothers who feel differently- on public breast feeding and the appropriateness of/lack of scientific evidence for breast feeding toddlers.

Kids WANT to breast feed at that age? They also want to stick their little fingers in light sockets, eat roaches and stick beans deep into their nasal passages but we don't usually let them. Who knows, you might be an exceptionally indulgent mother, I don't know. All I know is, I feel that is a creepy and inappropriate relationship between an adult woman and a child of that age. It seems to speak way more to the mother's dependency on her child than on the child's needs. I'm pretty willing ot bet no one here was breast-fed until they were 5 years old and we're not too shabby. I certainly don't feel like I would have gone to Harvard or been better at math but for the lack of my mother's milky breast in kindergarden. I'm obviously not the only one and scientific evidence does not say one way or the other.

Also, that breast-feeding video was CREEPY AS HELL. Who posted that and why?

lipstickandhate

AND i just read you think beyond age 4 is inappropriate. you are really going to take out your breast for a child who is potty-trained and dancing to the wiggles whenever he feels hungry?

Beauty Mark

Can we not use "breeder"? To me, a breeder is someone who produces a million kids for really messed up reasons. No one on this board has proven to me to have given birth for terrible reasons. I say this as someone plans on never having children.

Also, there's a difference between having an opinion and being judgmental. Being judgmental would be me making all sorts of irrelevant and wild conjectures based upon your choices, like if I hear "child actor" and think "future crackhead" without further proof of such.

Shimmer

This thread has degenerated into what I didn't want it to go into: a mudfest.

I had hoped this could become a thread for debate, and exchange of information...it didn't, and so, it's now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.