Boots for thick legged women?

meiming

So I did a search but didn't see anything. I apologize if this is a repeat.

I love boots and especially now that sweater dresses are in, I'd love to be able to wear it with tights and tall boots but I have a problem for as long as I can remember.

I can wear ankle boots no problem (and I do wear them, I love them in the winter) but anytime I buy boots taller than that I can't get them over my calves. Even if it has a zipper, there's just not enough space to zip them up
ssad.gif

Last Halloween I wanted to go as a 60's psychedelic chick but no white boots for me
ssad.gif

Anyone ever have this problem? Has anyone found boots to work for them if they do?

TIA!!

M.A.C.tastic

hi there, i have the same problem (damn muscular calves lol). anyway, i found that steve madden carries a great variety of knee high boots with stretchy fabric which makes it very easy to fit. also, do a
google.gif
search for wide calf boots and you'll find everything you need. check out www.widewidths.com too for the largest selection online. hope this helps!!!
th_DANCE.gif

pahblov

You can also just buy regular boots and have a cobbler stretch out the leather, or put in elastic inserts to make them fit. My best friend has this problem and she does it all the time.

meiming

thanks gals. I never knew about this
smiles.gif
I always just gave up to the idea of wearing cute tall boots. I'll definitely look into it!

Briar

Check out on line retailers like Sillouettes or Roaman's. They carry clothes and shoes for plus sizes, and their boots are made with larger calf widths. Sillouettes has both large and extra-large calf widths, and some really cute styles.

Indigowaters

Check out Duoboots.com. They're in the UK and are customizable but you pay more than double if you're in the US. But it's well worth the money because of the quality. I plan on getting some one day. Or try WideWidths.com. Hope that helps!
smiles.gif

liv

I'd check out Frye, I have nice sized calves, and these have plenty of room.

Tamsin

Go to DUO (DUO, World's leading retailer of wide calf boots and narrow calf boots). They do the biggest range of calf fitting boots in the WORLD! They have 21 different calf sizes so whether you are slim or curvy...they WILL fit you. I have just bought my sixth (whoops) pair! What do you think Bern: Mid-calf length boots with soft fleece lining. Black leather, brown leather, cranberry red leather, caramel leather. | DUO boots

They do cost quite a bit but they have a sale on at the moment
th_DANCE.gif
Hoorah!

They do foot sizes 2-10 too. Happy shopping!

xxx

slowhoney

Torrid makes their taller boots wider and I've had no problems.
smiles.gif

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/store/nodePage.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302024178&bm UID=1201624495314&SELECTION<>theme=Default

I live in Canada so I can only order online, but I'm sure they have more of a selection in their US stores. They even have a pair of white boots that might have worked for your costume!
winks.gif

Latest posts