Bored and Broke

BEA2LS

Hey guys.. I had a tough couple of weeks.. me and my friends all did really.. and we are all broke yet soo restless for the weekend! does anyone have any ideas of free or cheap stuff to do? we normally would go to the boardwalk or something but it's gonna rain all weekend.. i am just sick of being so bored!
winks.gif

any suggestions?

hhunt2

I have the same problem. And I feel so tired and worn out of the week, but then I realize that I don't have the money to spend for a weekend get away.

The first thing I was going to say was the beach. But it will rain in your area. Usually, when I'm bored & broke (which is happening often to me, lol)...

1. I take the dog out to local lakes or hiking areas and walk her for hours.
2. Clean out my house and have a yard sale. I can stay home all day and clean the house. I end up finding a lot of stuff that I don't want anymore.
3. Go camping for the weekend. If you dont have a tent or other camping items, more than likely a friend, family member or a friend of a friend will be willing to lend you the items.
4. If you have any tourist spots in your area (and your talented in some way), you can "brake dance". lol. Here in the bay area, we call it "brake dancin for lunch money". You'll make money and have fun.
I always see people selling artwork that's made then and there (usually with spray paint), sing (In Santa Cruz, I've seen a black girl who looks just like Tracy Chapman who sings her songs along the boardwalk. That's cool), etc. Recently, I've seen girls rapping. They have a little ipod boombox, and they sound like MIA.
I've done stuff like this when I was younger. My moto is... "do it until the cops come". lmao
Also, I should mention, in San Francisco we have a gentleman called the "Bush Man".
The Bush Man - Fisherman's Wharf - San Francisco, CA
He has been doing this for over 10 years. He would sit along the Pier (where all the tourists are at) and hide behind branches and leaves he is holding. Then he would scare people. It's really funny.

BEA2LS

lol thanks.. yea i usually head to the beach or boardwalk when i'm broke but it's going to rain all weekend long!

gildedangel

You could just rent a movie or bring a movie and watch it at someone's house, like have a movie marathon and just hang out!

stronqerx

I am always bored & broke, lmao. Here are some things you might enjoy.

Go to the library
take my niece out for a walk, or play with her
take my dog for a walk, or play outside with him
walk around in the mall (go window shopping) some say this makes them feel worse, but not me,.
watch movies
take my laptop outside, a yummy ice coffee and relax and enjoy the weather (when it's nice of course)
go to a friends house, listen to music....maybe everyone brings something to eat from their home, have a mini party ? lol.

that's all I can think about, but I would like to know other ppls ideas too

hhunt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronqerx
go to a friends house, listen to music....maybe everyone brings something to eat from their home, have a mini party ? lol.

HOUSE PARTY!

You should so do it. BYOB or in your case BYOB&F.
"Bring your own beer and food." Or a pot luck type thing. Ew, I hate the word "pot luck".
Make flyers/massive email, invite everyone you know, have it during the lunch time, late afternoon or night. Have it low key or have a big party. You can do beer pong too (I'm a retired champ. lol). If I lived near you, I'd totally come over and bring stuff.

bcsweetascandy

My and friends and I will have a game night where everyone brings food and/or drinks, and we'll play board games all night and do karaoake, then watch movies.

MACATTAK

Where I live we have a $2.00 theater (not sure if they have that where you are). They play movies that came out about 1-2 months ago. It's fun to get a group of friends, and some cheap snacks!

jennifer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
I've done stuff like this when I was younger. My moto is... "do it until the cops come". lmao
Also, I should mention, in San Francisco we have a gentleman called the "Bush Man".
The Bush Man - Fisherman's Wharf - San Francisco, CA
He has been doing this for over 10 years. He would sit along the Pier (where all the tourists are at) and hide behind branches and leaves he is holding. Then he would scare people. It's really funny.

haha he pissed off my boyfriend one time & and i said "he's gonna get kicked in the face one day!". i wonder if something like that's ever happened to him.

X4biddenxLustX

I'm going through the same situation right now. I find that little things you can do at home like DIY stuff is always fun. It always makes me feel crafty and creative too!

I've been making hair bows lately for myself and friends and everyone loves them. I also have a quite a fun time making something. Plus it feels good to actually be putting time and effort into something and then giving them away to the people close to you. I've found that going to Walmart and buying ribbon and supplies there is the cheapest and they have cuter ribbons than Michaels (even though they do have a bigger selection).

LMD84

when i'm short on cash i invite my friends over and we bake cakes and other treats! have a good gossip, listen to music. all good fun and it doesn't matter what the weather is like!

another good one is playing singstar on the ps3 or whatever console you have. we have a good laugh and everybody gets into the spirit of things!

Merula

I'm also currently broke, so I tend to go to the library or go out for walks. I set my iPod with some good music and podcasts and I get the exercise as well. I would personally love it if it rained here since it's been so hot.

Also, to save money I watch movies online for free (hulu.com is one site).

Latest posts