Boston-area newbie to here and makeup

daphneM

Hi folks! I'm Daphne, an early 20s "young professional" college grad living in the Boston area. I'm pretty new to MAC and to makeup in general; I really enjoyed makeup in high school and wore it a lot (drugstore brands only though, got it mostly at Target) but that really petered out in college when I was just too busy to think about it! I wore makeup maybe 4-5x/year in college, though more often towards the end.

It's almost 3 years since I've graduated, and with a professional job in higher education and a newfound confidence in my body and looks, I am thinking more about my appearance. The last few months I've gone from using my drugstore brand leftovers to really wanting to get serious about makeup, which of course led me to MAC! I do like brighter colors best and since my job is not super formal, I can play around a little (as long as they are not electric or neon I can definitely get away with some green or pink looks!), though I am trying to embrace more neutrals too.

I live an hour from the Wrentham Premium Outlets and this weekend I made my first trip to the CCO there and haued my butt off. My collection just keeps growing...mostly eyeshadows by far (I've just filled up my first palette!) but I'm really into Slimshines for my lips and have a few Fluidlines, Blonde MSF, and some other random things. I hope to post some FOTDs on here and get some commentary and learn more about how to improve my technique, especially on the eyes! Looking forward to chatting with you all
smiles.gif